Lip Care Products

If there is a skin care product I really need beside cleanser and sunscreen, that would be lip balm...The skin on my lip is just not very good at retaining moisture.A little while back, when I was still too lazy to do anything about it (I also peel off the skin and lick them when I feel it was too dry), it was quite nasty with blood and wounds everywhere...

Now, I've learned from my mistakes and seems to be over doing the whole lip care thing...

Since I have so many lip balms lying around (many of which I didn't bother to take a picture of, but don't worry, I consume more lip product than toothpaste during the same time frame), I should just share my thought about them quickly...

Items are presented in the anti-order of my preference:
Anna Sui Moisturizing touch up stick
I am so vain that I just bought it because of the package...

Yup, this thing was meant to be use on face, but I never figure out how (what do I have to touch up? Most of the time, I only use cheek stain on my face...) and it smudges my mascara. The scent is quite cute though, different from the rose scent in Anna Sui cosmetics. Over all, it's alright but tastes a bit yucky.

Blitex Complete moisture Lip Balm SPF15
Got it because of the sunscreen, but I don't think I remember to wear it for most of the time. The balm is very soft and does give you a surge of moisture when you put it on. Tastes sweet...ewww.

Neutrogena Lip Balm in Passion Fruit:

Very thick and moisturizing, the finish is glossy as well. I like the color and the scent.

Smith Minted Rose Lip Balm (The way I dug in was too ugly so I heated it a bit to restore the smooth surface...I was bored and added some Vitamin E Oil too...)

The reason I bought it? I love anything with a rose scent/pattern and a vintage design.

The petrolatum based balm itself is pretty nice, thin texture, slightly minty with some soft rose fragrance. Nice for a natural glossy look for the day.

Off Topic Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme: Very rich and thick, good product but just don't use it during the day...

Burt's Bees Strawberry Lip Gloss:
It's as glossy as the Blitex balm (that's it to say, not glossy at all) , but the scent and jar are just lovely...a bit tricky to apply once it's worn down...At this moment I just apply by kissing the balm...no finger involved, no mess...Btw, it has a light sweet taste to it as well...

Burt's Bees Bee Wax Lip Balm: This is product got me into Burt's Bees, I just love everything about it: the thin texture, minty tingle, natural ingredients... My third tin already.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate Oil Replenishing Balm:
Juicy, glossy and convenient: My second tube. (Hey it only came out last year.)

As you can see, I tend to go for lip balm with more organic ingredient since I eat all the time and I just don't want to swallow all the chemical in my stomach. Burt's Bees is definitely my favorite brand when it comes to lip product not only for the quality, but also the cute down-to-earth packaging.

Comments

  1. I tend to like putting on lip balm or etc that taste good..hahaha
    Not that I should be tasting any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    I like the good tasting too, but until I heard in my government class, the teacher read off a newspaper that an average women consume like 50 pounds of lipsticks in her lifetime...

    I had a wet n wild balm back in high school that's smells delicious and I enjoyed licking it all the time, but then I realized that licking is not good for my lips(the enzyme in the saliva sort of digest the epidermis a bit ...) Now if I want good taste, i will just head straight to the fridge if there is anything...

    But I do like how some lip products have fruity & juicy scent yet doesn't taste like anything...it's more pleasing for me without the ewww...(isn't the *taste* perception coming mainly from the nose anyway?)

    Citrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. rosebud would cause my nose to get stuff and dry cough due to the fumes. As for the burt bees strawberry round bottle, made my lips very dry and skin flaky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.