Classic Revisited - Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef

Do you know that it has been ten years (and a month ) since I first reviewed this Revlon Super Lustrous Coral Reef, one of the most beautiful glosses in recent history? 
A few weeks ago, I decided to dig it out of my drawer and had some quality play time with it. Don't worry it's my second tube purchased back in 2015 (right before the square tube were gone for good) so it's not that ancient.
Applicator is classic doe foot, perfect for the formula. Coral Reef is an creamy, semi opaque coral (yes there is some white to the color but it doesn't appear chalky for form that white line around the mucous membrane) that feels a little vintage 70s but still very wearable. 
Formula is creamy, comfortable and moisturizing. I don't know (well I do, cutting costs?) why they had to downgrade to the runny formula (they always use the same "thinny watery glossy are more current, thick glosses are out of style!"). I haven't gotten newer Revlon products for a while and I guess it will stay that way until they hire someone with actual talent.

Comments

  1. Ah, I really loved these. Coral Reef is a beautiful shade on you! I didn't know they changed the formulation. Now I want to buy one of those round tubes just to see if they changed it back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt it...Corporate never follow customers interest...otherwise their product will get ravings again.This is the same reason I didnt buy it when Lancome brought back juicy tube (online only haha so I cant tell if it's the runny version).

      Delete
  2. OMG so OG! Idr if I bought this shade but I remember buying several in high school. Unfortunately I don't wear lip products on the daily so they definitely went to waste :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt finish the coral one but I used a lot of Nude Lustre and a sheer red called cherries something. Their formula was amazing.

      Delete
    2. Butting in: Yes,!! Cherries In The Glow was an amazing shade and I went through more than a few tubes! (I miss it so much T,.T)

      Delete
    3. Lena your memomries is better than mine.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.