Cleanser Group Review - The Body Shop, Burt's Bees, Korres, Fresh and Soap & Glory

Another day, another cleanser group review...I am slowly regaining makeup mojos but I fucking hate this interface (every time it refreshes and saves the page the layout messes up one way or another and either my saved pictures or written paragraph got deleted then I need to retype and reload the pictures) .

 Let's get rid of some old reviews shall we? (Because I need to wash my face and body no matter what). 
1. The Body Shop vitamin E cream cleanser is a lotion cleanser with a gentle, old fashion vitamin E cream scent. It's sufficient as a non stripping morning cleanser, that's about it (it's too weak for sunscreen removal and leaves a light film afterward. I think I used it up somehow... Or maybe it got kicked into some corner in my bathroom. 
2.Burt's Bees soap bark and chamomile cleansing cream
 is a cooling, hydrating cleanser with a texture of a cold cream. It served me well as a morning cleanser and leaves a surge of moisture and maybe a little bit of tack. The scent is soothing if not a bit sweet. I like it, just not enough to repurchase. 
Another 3. Burt's Bees. The orange essence facial cleanser is a dense, amber toned gel with a mellow dried citrus smell (reminds me of those dried citrus peel used in Cantonese style cooking). This is a very comforting balm to spread around face, I don't use it to remove makeup but as a thicker cleanser. Yes it leaves orange oil behind but that's exactly what I need it for, a layer of film so I can slack off on moisturizer during winter. 
4. Soap and Glory Deep Cleansing Milk was from a random Walgreen Haul - The very large bottle was around 12 bucks and it lasted forever. It's hydrating and good enough to get rid of oily residue (certainly not makeup or sunscreen). There is a unique scent that reminds me of minty peach tea. Overall it's very much like The Body Shop Vitamin E, there are simply too many cream cleanser just like it and I can certainly find ones with a more pleasing texture or ability to cleanse.
5. Korres Wild Rose Foaming Cream Cleanser was a Marshalls find for a few bucks. The scent is a combination of tart fruit and creamy yogurt (it reminds me of a "tomato cream" cleanser I bought in China many years ago. Heck it feels very much like it too). It turned out to be a hidden gems - Not only it foams and cleanses  very well, it leaves my skin moisturized but without any residue. I love it and will keep an eye on future discounts (I am trying to cut down sephora this year and hopefully I will turn back into a Reverse Rouge/lowly beauty insider by the end of year). It feels bad supporting Sephora when the company mistreat its clients, employee and actively routinely crushed small business to death....

I actually have more but Blogger is getting on my nerve right now so I will save other for later.

Comments

  1. Wow so many cleansers that can't remove sunscreen, haha what do you use for cleansing oil or balm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most oil work ok for me...I dont have favorite but Muji (best bang for the bucks) and Nursery Yuzu cleansing balm are both already repurchased once...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.