Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in Raspberry Pop

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color has always been a popular product in their cosmetic line. I remember seeing bloggers like Fuzkittie reviewing them back in 2009 but it never crossed my mind to get one. With the exchange rate back then, it was around $35 a pop, way way over my budget. 

During late spring 2017, the Jelly Eye Color got a mini revamp. They lowered the price to 2200 yen, and had the package changed a little (equally adorable but I wish they kept the old version as well). 

 11 shades were released. Shade 1-5 are neutral and the rest are colorful brights. I picked the limited edition no.11 Raspberry Pop, thinking if I really like the formula I could always go back for more.
Actually, I bought it just so that I can stare at this gorgeous jar. (I wanted to bring it out to photoshoot every season but that's a little too much).
The glass jar is really hefty and the coated lid is made of plastic. Plating is well done as always that they don't scratch easily.
The shadow has that Signature Jill Stuart Crystal Floral scent, a cool and moist touch and seems to be quite jelly (it boings but doesn't bouncy back). The shadow pot itself contains a lot of multi sized shimmer (mostly pink, clear and gold). The effect is glossy wet sheen with a clear base/not much color.  
As dreamy as it sounds, you can get get similar effect from other eyeshadow topper (in palette or standalone product from Canmake) for much less. Of course none looks as princessy. 
Raspberry Pop- Single swipe and blended out. I think the 2200 yen price is reasonable but I am glad I only got one shade to play with. 

If you are into neutral, shade 01-05 are available at Jill Stuart makeup's official US site at $20 a piece. Yup, it officially ended up in US market (making it the third wave of KOSE entry to US, after Kose the One and Decorte). Their online selection is quite small at the moment, no seasonal LE, skincare, body care or fragrance so I will probably still buy from Hong Kong-based sellers. 

Comments