msh Lover Liner - The Eyeliner that Never Fails

As someone with hooded lids and tiniest lid space, I stay away from most conventional eyeliner as they make my eyes smaller and cover all eyeshadow. However, I have a soft spot for colored eyeliner as they are less harsh on the eyes and much more fun to collect. I started noticing msh Loveliner last year, when it won several award and lots of Chinese logger were talking about it on weibo. When I saw the beautiful, pen-like metal bodies, I knew it was time to collect a few. 

All of the colors were 2017's limited collection. The entire line got a mini revamp last fall and this year they got a new round of colorful shades (most are similar to last year's release). 

Each liner retail for around 1600 yens, 20 bucks when it crosses the Ocean and landed on east coast. The line was popular enough to be stock on some beauty store in New York (Everyday Beauty Lab and Ume Cosme), I caught a sale last Independence Day so I scored them 20% off (same price as Japanese retail). They come with illustrated boxes with the big cosme award sticker and their slogan "the eyeliner that never fails".
The liners have somewhat somewhat hefty bodies (weightier than ballpoint pen but not too heavy that you can build muscle with it) that feels really nice on the hand. 

For the three cool tones, Khaki Black is a Stylish blackened navy. Moss Mint is a deep Cleopatra kind of teal. Aqua Blue is a bright aqua without shimmer (it's a nice pop of color that's less neon than the blue liners from western brands).
Warm tones - Pink Brown is a watery warm pink (warmer take of Moteliner Cherry Cheek). Burgundy Brown is slightly muted burgundy (with an earthy instead of jewel base). Noble Brown is a gentle sepia. While the arm swatch look sheered out (I applied pressure to the brush tip), finer lines on the eyes are much more concentrated.
Aqua Blue with Majolica BE300
Khaki Black with Majolica BE700 (my favorite/most used eyeshadow palette). This one is a bit too dark that it would be nice if you want a non boring black. On me it does what black liners do: making my eyes smaller.
Aside from the beautiful packaging, all of them are just juicy enough (with better flow than moteliner), very easy to control. The wear is something I haven't experienced before. Not only they are splash proof, sweat proof and withstand oils on lid (the last two years have been too humid and hot), they are a breeze to remove at the end of the day. All I need is warm water and gentle face wash.  

I remember when I wore similar bright liner from Stila or Milani, they both took so much rubbing and still leave a blue stain for another day that day of fun became longer commitment. Now I am not looking back. 
Noble Brown (previously permanent, not gone), Pink Brown and Burgundy Brown.
Noble Brown with some random...Majolica palette again (it was after a few hours and a nap)
So for a brown liner it's actually wearable for me. I still prefer a softer brown though.
On a side note, the Love Liner has exactly same packaging/dimension as the Physician Lash Booster eyeliner (which is also made in Japan), I think they might be manufactured at the same facility.  Physicians Formula is more affordable and easier to find but msh have colors that's better edited.
Burgundy Brown with Nars Lahsa and maybe Shiseido brow powder as it looks suspiciously bushy. 
One reason it took me so long to review all of them was that I need to wear most of the shade out and remember to photograph the look)...Later on I had to dig out the old pictures from memory card, among other stuff (actually my camera is mostly makeup while I use phone for everything else).
 

Pink Brown is the only semi sheer one and it would serve as a cute accent for lighter beige makeup. Using it on bare lid kind of look like a mild infection. Lastly, the group shot. I love the range enough to have gotten this many (I only buy 1-2 at a time).
Sorry, misspelled noble (You will not get Nobel price wearing that liner, but you will look sharp)

Comments

  1. Thanks for introducing this range to me! I don't wear liquid liners often (same issue of covering the lid space & they tend to look harsh on me) but I do need a quality black liner. The khaki black shade looks so interesting, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another khaki one from this year and you can swatch the whole range(and regular line up) at Umecosme (they are moving to Ktown from east village this fall). I just ordered a Milky brown from this year and I think it would be a even lighter/more wearable neutral.

      Delete
  2. Nooo... MUST. RESIST. Have too many liquid liners already!!! Nooo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't hurt getting one or two. There is a coral brown from this year that's really pretty...

      Delete
  3. This Taiwanese blogger I follow loves this one, but I also have too much shit... They had a hello kitty one a while back I wish I caught that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do the sanrio collaboration all the time (right now its pom pom purin and a few weeks back I saw kuromi) so you will catch one later. I didn't cave in because it's usually the boring black deep brown that gets the print.

      Delete
  4. Your eyeliner reviews are so helpful! I'll definitely give this brand a go, I hadn't heard of it before. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.