Coral Encore - L'Oreal Colour Extraordinaire Lip Color

I briefly rambled about these L'Oreal Colour Exraordinaire Lip Colors in my spy cam post. These are non-sticky liquid lip colors (lip gloss?) with (classical!) music related names, which appeared to be slapped on randomly. I mean, what the heck is orange tempo/pink tremolo?

At the very least, it still better than that Paul & Joe Symphony collection a few seasons back, which includes cardboard eyeshadow adorned by...Random print out of piano score.
The product itself is not as bitch-worthy (a good thing). The package is a plastic golden tube (already chipped) with with swatch board that's close to the real thing. The wand is a soft, cushy one that reminds me of a platypus and I adore the juicy peach scent.
L'Oreal (Glossy Stain) Coral Tattoo, Coral Encore, Essence Candy Coral (which looks pinker on my arm but warmer on my lips) and Revlon Continuous Coral Mineral Lip Gloss (I love that stuff so I am not tossing until it rots/gets finished, whichever happens first). The L'Oreal Colour Extraordinaire feels almost a little fluffy and mouse-like on the lips, but that could just be the big and absorbing applicator.

 L'Oreal Colour Extraordinaire Coral Encore pulls much pinker once it's on the lips (I have too many orange coral anyway) and the light, watery glossy formula wear very comfortably. The silver shimmer is small and not obnoxious (I can do without it) and the color have medium opacity yet it still have that milky quality that makes the color just floats on top. I prefer something to blend in seamlessly.

Overall: I like the color (but do keep in mind that it takes a horrible formulation for me to not like a coral)enough to keep it. At the same time, I am really glad that I didn't impulse purchase other colors in the range (Rose Symphony almost went home with me, before I realized that it comes with shimmer). The medium-pigment watery gloss formula isn't anything new and the color range is alright, nothing screams "buy me" like the kitchenware at Muji.

Comments

  1. LOL. I like these and have three of them. The formula is very comfortable and even plumping on the lips but it never sets and feels kind of heavy. These are more of autumn glosses for me.
    I'm surprised to see how Coral Encore shows up almost pink on your lips! And your swatches remind me that I still want the Coral Tattoo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.