Soho Pink - NYC BB Beautifying Blushable Cream Stick


The NYC Blushable Crème (wait, did my computer just added that accent grave by itself?!) Sticks are back...and now they are called BB Beautifying Blushable Cream Sticks.
There are two shades available according to the website but I only saw one shade left at CVS, Soho Pink (It looks very similar to the Big Apple Blush from the old range but I can't tell for sure as I never got that). Another shade, Never Sleeping Pink seems brighter and more coral.

Soho Pink, a medium dusky pink, has a denser consistency and slightly harder stick (consider I have only gotten two of their limited edition Blushable Crème Sticks back then, both were free of shimmer and had more slip). You can already see from the close up that it's packed full of shimmer. The shimmer does translate well (not a good thing) on the face. I am not particularly worried about it enhancing pore (since I don't apply blush where my visible pores are/on side on my nose) but the silver sheen does put a little emphasis on my dry cheeks.

Soho Pink - Swatched next to NYX Blush Stick in 08 Poppy. Anyway, thanks to the shimmer (normally as a result of mica), it applies smoothly and packs quite a bit of pigment in each swipe. The Fuji-apple flush I get from this also lasts for hours on top of a SPF lotion. I guess it also has something to do with the much cooler/drier climate I live in.

Overall: The shade is neutral (and possibly boring) but since now I am getting lazier and lazier, I really embrace these kind of no-brainer products. It works well but itself and doesn't look too much if I want to add some lip color...At 4 bucks a piece, I think I need to hunt down the other shade as well.

Comments