Berry Soft - Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm

Dr. Rescue is the medicated version of the popular Maybelline Baby Lips tinted lip balm. Since the packaging is pretty cute and the price isn't terribly expensive (at 4 bucks?) so I picked a shade to play with  -  Instead of doing my usual "thang" (buying sheer red or coral) I decided to add some variety (not really) to my lip color wardrobe and went for... the liver lips (murky purple that matches my own lip color)

As expected with anything medicated, it has a cough-drop smell and gives off some cooling/numbing sensation (it doesn't sting or taste bitter like some of the Carmex balm though). The texture is smooth, buttery, mildly moisturizing and rather comfortable. Unlike the original Baby Lips, this leaves a subtle-but-not-greasy shine and doesn't dry up to a film and sucks out the moisture out of my lips.
Berry Soft, Maybelline Mauvilous Shine Color Sensational Lipstick and Revlon Sugar Plum Lip Butter (should have used a pink or pale lilac for comparison). For some reason, Berry Soft is a lot milkier than what it appears in the tube, I would even call it a plummy pink instead of berry.
On the lips - The Dr. Rescue Balm applies very evenly and the color isn't too harsh (consider it's a lighter shade of my lip color). Overall: I like the formula but I wish I went for the boring red or coral instead...Milky is just not my thing.

Comments