Parfait - NYX Butter Lip Balm

NYX Butter Lip Balm is a range of tinted balm with very inviting color selection and fruity scent. I picked up a bright pink back in October (I suppose sheer red and orange are nice but I have too many of them already). The balm retails for 4 dollars a piece and comes with a simple twist up packaging. If I remember correctly, they are made in China.

NYX butter balm has a distinctly different texture (compared to Revlon Lip Butter or other more slippery balms that gives gloss and slip). It looks hard and sorbet like in the tube, with a bit of swipe, an even layer of semi-opaque color is deposited onto the lips. Even though it's neither slippery or thin, I think it does contain quite a bit of waxy filler that gives an interesting glowy matte effect.
Revlon Sorbet, Sweet Tart and Parfait (They first two definitely have a smoother and richer formula)
NYX Butter Balm in Parfait, picture was taken under shade (natural light as always)
Under direct sun so you can see the waxy glare (kind of luminous matte finish). The formula is comfortable but not particular moisturizing for me, after 2 or 3 hours of wear it does dry down to a mildy sticky waxy layer of color. 

Overall: It doesn't wear as well as Revlon Lip Butter but I think there are still some redeeming qualities (smell, color and price).

Comments