Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser with Clary Sage

The range of Burt's Bees Intense Hydration skincare range (with Clary Sage, which has a high moisture retention rate or something like that) was released in drugstore not too long ago. Since I really like their Royal Jelly facial cleanser from the brand, I decided to give the cream cleanser rage a try, since it's not too expensive ($10 but the display came with a pack of $3 off coupons).

The first thing I noticed about the cleanser is a fresh and more-than-noticeably-sweet herbal scent (which reminds me of Chinese herbal tea flavored with Buddha fruit). It's refreshing but can be a little bit (Chinese medicine kind of) medical if it gets too close to nostrils.
The Intense Hydration cleanser has a rich creamy texture (as it's squeezed out)that leaves minimal friction on the face, while at the same time, feeling very light, quenching and cooling (not the alcoholic or medical way though) on the face. I don't need a lot to cover my whole face and the cream does not dry up or get absorbed too quickly with 30sec-1min of rubbing. It's does a decent job getting rid of the oil built up (I haven't tried it with sunscreen though, since I have become a sunscreen slacker now it's cooling down).

Even though I like the formula, I feel that it's best for cooler days since it's not that good at controlling oil... If I use it at night, my face will turn oily after 4-5 hours, which I don't get if I use the Nivea soap (or other squeaky cleansers).

Ingredients List of Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser with Clary Sage

Comments