Vintage Flash Back - My Beauty Routine 3-5 years ago

The weather is gloomy again so instead of showing you guys nothing, I have got some old pictures to share. (I kind of like these pictures since they will make the upcoming posts look so much better!)
Picture was taken at Christmas day 2005 (I was playing C-minor Beethoven when the sheet music is A-flat Chopin in case you wonder why the hands don't match up) and it was hot enough to wear a mini skirt... I wore the skirt strolling around with my friend so I got sick as it suddenly turned cold.

Anyway, my cold lasted for 2 days and my friend's (got it from me) lasted for the rest of winter break...
My entire (at least 90%) lip products collection when I was in high school, all of them were from clearance basket, the Bonnie Bell and Wet n Wild were dirt cheap at retail price anyway. I wonder why they discontinued that Sally Hansen squeegee gloss , it feels really good on the lips.
I finished up the Sally Hansen diamond lip treatment within a month after using it everyday, that's when I found out that fuchsia is a flattering color on me. :) Sally Hansen revamped the diamond lip gloss but I like the old tube which contains more gloss.
Mascara team- Both the Maybelline smudge like crazy (but they go on 75% off sale at the end of spring semester) I remember the Revlon fabulash was like $1.37 in Target, it worked pretty well the first few times... I did indeed get suckered and paid full price for that Harry Potter book when it was out though and my penguin (you will know what I am talking about) scratched the cover right away ...

I should have wait for library to carry it.)
I asked for/took this bag from mom when I was 12 (and I still have it with me), it's shiny and compact. My mom has a ton of goodies and she OK-ed all of my request (I am never a fan of bags or jewelry). Gotta love Burt's Bees lip balm!
Once a while, I use a few drops of this on my damp hair and wait for it to air dry. It made my hair super soft and shiny but later I spilled the thing allover my sheet...
Clairol herbal essences (Twin set for the price of one, you should never pay full price for drugstore shampoo) I always get the rose/ for damaged hair formula although I never even blow dry my hair - It was my favorite shampoo until they changed it to that stupid new bottles with runny formula.
Physicians Formula was my first expensive eyeshadow (7 dollars!) and I like it...The shimmery Lumene also kind of made me feel pretty when I use a bit of it on my lid. My first heel ever (OK, my mom just gave hers to me because it didn't fit her) I wore it to work (I played piano at a hospital lobby, loved that job!) and it just hurt the soul out of me, from then on...I am scared of heels. Now looking back, the eggplant with black bow actually looks very Anna Sui.
I love my grandma quilt bag... Even up to this very day I still love those no-brand clothes/bag a lot better than designer ones. (If I have money to burn, I wouldn't mind a Chanel either but I would probably use it for the down payment of a glossy black Petrof)
I couldn't afford Anna Sui back then so I just DIY on a CVS mirror. See the purple butterfly and floral stickers?
My cat back then, his name is penguin...I had and still have the dorkiest sheet ever. Note to mom, can't you just go with Hello Kitty instead?

Beside the fact that my room are now cluttered with lip gloss (It was cluttered with other crap before I got my first OK-paying job)my beauty routine hasn't changed much actually.Sally Hansen is no longer my favorite brand for lip products as they discontinued all the good stuff... I still don't like heels, using more than one item on my face or blow-drying my hair (I don't even have a blow dryer). Cherry or fuchsia colored lip gloss makes me feel pretty although I just don't apply/touch up in the public. I still trust my mom with whatever she bought me...

What were you like a few years ago? Did you have a favorite lip gloss, eyeshadow or a completely different hobby?

Comments

  1. Love your bag, love your customised mirror, love your cat :).

    My first make-up products were free gifts that came with magazines. I mostly used red or cherry glosses :D.
    And I used the same Clairol rose stuff in high school ^_^! (Don't blow dry my hair either.)

    I actually got the 7th Harry Potter book for free - I was broke but still went to the midnight launch & this couple bought me it because they saw that I looked upset & could afford it, I suppose XD. True story. I'm lucky like that :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa:
    Huh?

    Cris:
    You were so lucky getting that HP book (it's expensive too)! Now I will try not to buy any book (since they become a pain in @$$ during moving) until I get my own home. I wish they bring that clairol shampoo back, it smelled so good...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.