Peripera Airy Ink Velvet in 09 Legend Brown Red

Last week when I stopped by CVS, I noticed all Peripera items were 50% off (half off 13 bucks isn't that great of a deal anyway) , maybe it's another revamp or they will stop carrying their brand. I got this when I was still freshly in love with the Brown Coral.
I am not sure if it's getting bad (tints generally expire much more quickly and I had this for at least two years) but the formula seems a little more watery, less semi  dry matte than how I remembered it. Anyway, I prefer this more homogeneous formula (that's same color through out, without a hidden magenta base stain). 
09 Legend Brown Red is a slightly muted watery red with a bit of warmth (that got overpowered by my purple lips) - It stays well, better than conventional gloss and wet liquid lipstick but doesn't sink into my lip line. There is a teeny bit of stain that can be removed easily. Pretty nice product actually and that's why I have so many Peripera lip tint, occasionally they are good enough for repurchase but sometime they just look crap. 

There is a Cantonese saying 一啖砂糖一啖屎 (A spoonfull/bite of sugar then another one of crap), usually used to describe a person that treat you like a Queen but give you the cold shoulder seconds later. Lipstick lovers might be able to relate.
Lovely formula aside, this color looks a bit too auntie on me (not Peripera's fault) so I won't wear it out. A warmer brown should look nice, maybe it's time to hit up CVS again!

Now you know why I have so many KBeauty tints, it's the occasional goodies that keep me trapped.

Comments

  1. This must have been reformulated because I didn't like it one bit when I tried one color in 2017 and felt nothing like your descriptions. Mine had a weird fragrance and very slippery, iirc. I should look for these on sale next time when I go to a CVS. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine has already gone bad (it was slippery in my memory). I don't recommend shades in cvs but the ones in club clio store are pretty...

      Ahh wait I think I will save my money for American drugstore brands instead.

      Delete
  2. Wait dont you have another color in this? I bought one years ago and wasn’t a fan of the formula 😶 agree with the other person maybe it’s reformulated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP...I had the brown coral one first then I a brown red (I stacked coupons from cvs so price wasnt too bad) then two more purchased from Amazon...which means one more left to review.

      With the exception of the brown coral, most look cheap...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.