Milani Fruit Fetish Lip Balm in Strawberry Lemonade

Another new drugstore lip balm/gloss release - Milani Fruit Fetish Lip Balm is another one of those "I knew I had to get one" products. While waiting for the discount to drop, I was looking up blog reviews and swatches but so far, there are only a handful of Youtube videos (I didn't want to waste 10 minutes of my life just to see it applied in a video), a few selfies (heavily edited) and a few sneak peaks pictures. When people asked how they are, the influencer went "Oh I haven't use it yet". 
Apparently, this is view count driven, influencer culture. Since there is no reference pictures on the internet (that I could find). I just went with a random one at CVS...

While looking for stuff to buy (I use Timesquare CVS as a place to get cash back using debit card), not only the lost-prevention guy followed me everywhere. After I finished paying, the store manager also gave me uncomfortable stare down when I stood and waited by the entrance (there was a huge storm)... I have seen those two both multiple times so I don't know what was going on in their heads. I guess, Asian is the new black?
The balm itself has a smooth milky cream gel finish, just like the Cult (?) Favorite Laneige Lip Mask (most overrated lip balm ever? Like those people never tried anything else?), maybe a bit more jelly and less sticky.
I thought they would have matching scents but this just smells like cherry cough syrup.
Partially applied, while the pigmentation is very weak (the poster image is very misleading indeed) but it makes me lips un-dead by giving just enough tint and moisture.
As for the lip balm formula, Milani Fruit Fetish works very well for the sale price ($5.4 after 40% off coupon) - It's balmy and nourishing while it's on but the glosssettles down and wear off easily. In a way, this is very much like Laneige Lip Mask (by many people standard, this must be amazing?). I guess the sale price is very reasonable and I do like it (Smith Rose Salve works better at $7).
Strawberry Lemonade as a base for OCC lip tar in Grandma (not so ancient artifact, as the brand went down 2018). Now you see why I like loading on tons of glosses, they get absorbed, evaporate and worn down very quickly in just a few minutes.

Comments

  1. I kept seeing this bc I follow Milani on IG 👀
    That’s unfortunate about CVS! They can tell you’re Asian even wearing a face mask? I haven’t experienced it yet bc there are a lot of Asians in the Bay area but... I’ve encountered some old whities who treated us like we had cooties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the guy just need to feel like he is doing something (CVS is slow afterall). I was expecting people to go crazy over this if so many consider Laneige a miracle product...I guess it's good but both are pretty standard kind of good.

      Delete
    2. I still haven’t tried Laneige! I’m not into pot lip balms bc I dont like dipping my finger, and saw some reviews saying the tube one isn’t THAT great 👀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.