Fenty Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer in Hot Chocolit

Fenty Beauty, produced by Rhihanna, is one of the dozen celebrity produced brands that surfaced in the recent year. I was largely uninteresred because I know no matter how hard I try, I will never look like her.

 Same things goes with Guerlain (actually by the time I had enough disponsable income, Guerlain's packaging as gotten rather cheap looking) ... Starting sometime last year, I started noticing many rave reviews about their lip gloss, especially the rose gold nude Fenty Glow. While doing research, I got distracted by the newer shade Hot Chocolit. 
The shimmery brown with pink and gold micro glitter looked mysterious and beautiful. Like something out of gothic lolita manga.

At $19, Fenty Gloss Bomb is on the affordable side of Sephora brand, if you take the humonous in to account.  $19 for 9ml of product is more affordable than many Japanese brands.
FB on top, that just seems like abbreviation for Facebook. I personally am not a fan of their packaging but I will let it slide for product quality. At least it's no where as repulsive as the Rosegold Gummy Dumbell of Decorte (I love Decorte's formula but I just can't...)
The this also oversized - For someone who loads on lip gloss like toothpaste, the bigger the better. 
Turns out that the only contact area is the slant section of the very tip...This big magic wand is only for show.
Hot Chocolit is seemly neutral brown with tiny flake like holographic micro glitters in shades from golden peach to hot pink. They are all over the gloss but doesn't look frosty or feel gritty. So yeah, they are the good kind of glitter.
Bare lips (from a hot summer day) when I woke up. It usually get more flustered later on the day.
Two layers of Fenty Hot Chocolit - The texture is lovely, only mildly tacky (not sticky or gooey near the mucous membrane), the texture is light and moisturizing while it forms a glassy finish. Gloss Bomb was probably a play on its moisturizing and balmy texture.

As for the shade, the exact shade of brown had quite a bit of ashy undertone. It doesn't brighten my skintone like a conventional "good" lip product does, but there is a morbid beauty to it. 

 Sometime a good lip gloss doesn't have to behave a certain way... Anyway, it is a perfect piece for layering.
Fenty Hot Chocolit as a base with Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color Ruby on top.
Ruby by itself is a brown red that's a little dated for me but it perfectly complements the ashy brown of Fenty Gloss.  The combo reminds me chocolate dipped cherry.  There is a similar effect if you wear it with red lip tint underneath (I don't want to mix the gloss with tint). 

Comments

  1. Yay I'm loving the new post everyday
    I got this in Fenty Glow! In a "mini" in a set but it's 5.5ml so pretty generous. Very glossy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't go anywhere (won't be for another month) ...I got the full sized fenty glow too! (A set is probably more economuical but it will be a few bucks more with a highlighter I don't need)...

      If they make a clear red in this formula it will be so amazing.

      Delete
    2. Ahaha I haven't used the highlighter yet either, I think it will be good as an eyeshadow. Fenty is making some good stuff

      Delete
  2. All the shops down here are open now. Everything is back to normal except for gyms, clubs n pubs and sporting venues. The shops are busy as ppl are going crazy shopping lolz. No one is social distancing. Ppl are acting like it's all over (eyeroll).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In nyc all shops are boarded up and Saks even have barb wire and beefy security guards...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.