Urban Decay VICE Lipstick in Bad Blood

Another mini from Sephora.
Urban Decay was another one of those "hot things" of yesteryear that became quickly forgotten (kind of show how inorganic those PR hypes are). Sephora had it as a point perk and it was pretty enough to collect. 
Of course, I love that the mini is just a shrunk version of the real deal, with same design and solid material.
Bad Blood (isn't a color I normally go for but couldn't choose anyway) is a rich garnet red in their comfort matte formula. 
No white base glaring at me...The formula is extremely pigmented, coloring the exact area it's in contact with (which means it's unable to confine itself within the lip boundary).
Sorry for the Uncle McDonald mouth, I could not get it to stay within lip area, not even with a lip brush. Even though the color doesn't look bad...I automatically discredit lipsticks that spread uncotrollably. That's would be an automatic F from me, sorry. 

The lack of confinement extends beyond the wear time. When I try to remove it with a damp cotton pad, Bad Blood smear allover my chin and gave me a red mustache. (Same thing happened to my arm swatch...And it didn't go away until I washed the area with soapy water). Just imagine wearing it to a dressed up dinner...
Some reds in my stash (that shows arm swatch doesn't show anything when it comes to red lipstick) -Armani 400 is a beautiful universally flattering true Red. Bite Mimosa is the original cursed clown red in my stash. Urban Decay is clown #2 and Medieval is a red that's again universally flattering that you can dress up and down from. 

Comments

  1. Waow I really like this red on you!
    Too bad the UD lipstick packaging is a bit tacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But....I hate it (color does look good but formula sucks). Lunasol is the best when it comes to wearable bold red.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.