Maquillage Dramatic Rouge in Anna Peach

When I saw this collaboration collection between Maquillage and Disney's Frozen (actually whole Shiseido was doing it from Senka to Integrate and it was glorious), I had it all planned out. I was going to wait for a sunny day after winter storm, take the glamour shots under snowy and icy background. Forever encapsulating its beauty before deflowering the beautiful lipstick. 

Thanks to the "Chinese hoax" that's called climate change, the day never came and I just resorted to spring leaves. One thing we all agree on is that...Shiseido doesn't kid when it comes to collaboration, their packaging design is always on point and high effort (my idea of low effort is sticker on box or basic print).
I never considered buying one their regular Dramatic Rouge Ex because their plasticky tube (well it's technically a drugstore brand afterall) but the icy blue and lavender of the Frozen edition is sure worthy of collection.
Since the collection was insanely popular, I had to visit several stores to only find 20 (Anna peach is just a name I made up). The shade with Elsa packaging is a deep glimmering garnet that i would rather avoid (because I don't like obvious glitter and deep red together....also it was too popular to be found).
Maquillage logo on the very top - discrete and classy
Somehow this combo is strangely very Sailor Moon to me. Maybe for their third wave (so far they are on their second collection and it's still base makeup only) of Sailor Moon release they would do lipsticks!
To be honest I died a little inside when I opened the tube - I dread chunky glitter and it seems this shade has plenty of them. And from the look of it, it's not the clear invisible type that enhances the jelly finish either. 
The whole lipstick is a glitter carpet with a sheer coral red base. Unfortunately the base isn't thick enough to hold it that the finish is thin with glitters that can be felt on lips. 
While the wear is rather comfortable, glossy yet veil like. I personally am not feeling the almost metallic finish...I think it's a little dated and not too lip friendly when my mouth start to peel in winter time.
Trying to gloss it over (with Dear Laura sheer red gloss) which looks nicer but a little too thick for my liking. I feel like while Shiseido is a big brand known for its skincare, sunscreen and base makeup, it never really came up with lipstick shades that I really love (they are not bad but never hit the spot). I will let it slide since it's beautifully designed and a piece of art. 

Comments

  1. I think Shiseido makeup is mediocre as well, nothing to run home about but Pony seems to like their foundations (or get paid to say so 😅)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pony gets paid to love lots of thing (one of them kinda got her into trouble because of some medical claims)...anyway I do like Ipsa concealer and my friend swear by cle de peau concealer (both are cult favorites).

      Delete
    2. I like their foundations. They match Asian skintones really well. But even in Japan their color makeup is only okay. I forgive them though cause their haircare and skincare (especially sunscreens) can't be beat

      Delete
    3. yeah...lots of major brands are flopping in the color makeup department too (i haven't like anything Kanebo for a While already) but Shiseido does have a great reservoir of "basics"...

      Delete
  2. I bought NARS lipstick in Tolede $42aud today and I so regret it. Instore it looked amazing, like the perfect pink nude lipstick. But when I got home omg it looked so auntie. And worse it already started smearing around the bullet because it's so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you cant return it, wait till your winter/fall to use it! I feel like paler skin makes nudy rose rosier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Revlon Super Lustrous Glass Shine lipsticks are actually really good, like high end good. I don't even need to buy Lancome Mademoiselle Shine lipsticks when you have Revlon. And the shades are all lovely too. You get that fat juicy lips ready for action look LMBO. The packaging looks really high end like Chanel. But the sticker label is so bad, when you peel it off you get a chunk of residue. Need eucalyptus oil to take it off what a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about them but i never found a shade that spoke to me so I skipped I have been on a low buy actually since I am still wearing mask all the time. But I have been enjoying my eyeshadow palette and skincare. After six years here I actually found a fall winter routine that works!

      Delete
  5. What fall skincare routine are you following now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm depends on temperature. If I shower in the morning, I would use a rohto melano cc or other cheap face mask (while I dry my hair) then seal the moisture with rosehip oil then proceed with sunscreen. At night I also do the damp face rosehip oil thing. I want to use vitamin c but am waiting on a sale to restock timeless CE ferulic. Winter has been mild so far so nothing hard-core yet

      Delete
    2. I found the best sunscreen trick ever...Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face & Body Sunscreen STICK. It's been out on the market in the US for ages but they just launched it here in Australia and I've got to say....best thing ever...No more watery eyes!!! Cause it's a stick, it won't melt and get into your eyes. It's the perfect sunscreen to use around my eyes. Now you can use any sunscreen you want. It's GENIUS. Ok actually I knew about this sunscreen stick trick ages ago but in Australia there were hardly any sunscreen sticks on the market besides the zinc sticks. LA ROCHE Posay used to make one but got discontinued ages ago. Ever since I used mineral sunscreens around my eyes but it still got irritated...until I discovered Neutrogena sunscreen stick...I highly recommend it.

      I've found all my HG sunscreens...I have a bunch but I rotate it around: Actinica sunscreen, Skinstitut Age Defence, Cetaphil Sun Kids, La Roche Posay Invisible Fluid, Neutrogena sunscreen stick, Trishave Post Shave Men moisturising Lotion (For neck) and Cancer Council Active Dry Touch sunscreen (For body). They all chemical sunscreens, high PPD protection to get my pigmentation under wraps. I don't trust Asian sunscreens except for Anessa. I'm glad I didn't fall into the Asian sunscreen hole. My pigmentation has reduced a lot ever since having my routine and apply twice a day, that's the trick. Not once but twice a day.

      Delete
  6. That Korean Purito Centella sunscreen turns out to have only SPF 19 not the SPF 82 they claim...lucky I didn't drink the kool aid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.