Lunasol Stain Color Lips in EX05 Vivid Red

"Hello, this is Lunasol, your old estranged wife calling." 

Entranced by the younger, newer Glossier lippies, I totally forgot about these Lunasol lipsticks that were once near and dear to my heart. Aren't we all glad it's just lipsticks and we can have multiple of each? I, for one, cannot justify the coexistence of two cameras in my household and am currently waiting for my decade old newbie DSLR to gave in, by then I would finally be able to upgrade.
Lunasol Stain Color Lips were first released back in 2015, as a refreshing and youthful take on matte lipstick trend (I actually didn't get the "trend" in the west back then, it was so forced and out of nowhere). Well, except Lunasol was not really matte but a frosted jelly, like a freshly carved jadeite that's yet to be polished
Blue green jadeite heart that I almost bought. (I took the picture from my dealer
After being polished - Still beautiful but I wouldn't pay 800yuan/115 USD for this particular piece of mineral. 
What I bought earlier this year better color (purer) and finer texture (crystal structure isn't as visible) with a flash of light toward the edge (characteristic when the mine is older). Cheaper than the green heart as well...
Back to topic, while there was a full range of Stain Color lips - I found the limited seasonal shades more refreshing and youthful. While the permanent range is very boring OL. 

EX-05 Vivid Red is a red-pink (something that goes wrong easily if it's done by Shiseido or Estee Lauder) that shows up as a flaterring raspberry. 
The texture is balmy, jelly but frosted. The subdued texture made it more wearable (it's bold but doesn't require base make up to look complete). But then I think the shade would look fine shiny as well.
 
Glossier Crush and Vivid Red (recycled from last post)

Comments

  1. Actually, I think Lunasol looks better than Generation G! The color is more vibrant but retains the same translucency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is a great one(I wouldn't say one is better than the other since they have very diffrent formula and price).

      But nowadays glossier is more suitable for my own life style (it doesn't tranfer to mask or cup) and I actually really like very thin lipstick (as long as it's not drying).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.