Kevin Aucoin Glass Glow Lip Gloss - Crystal Clear

Did you get the memo? All the media and experts (controlled by large companies who tell you what and what not to buy) are saying glosses are back so I guess this blog is relevant again! 
The Kevin Aucoin Glass Glow Lip came with a Sephora purchase that was totally unneed. The gloss has a small squeeze tube  but instead it has a large opening where you can squeeze the gloss easily (also prone to leaks).
Applicator is standard flabby sponge. It doesn't grab that much gloss but I can squeeze it out and use the sponge to spread around. 
Crystal Clear is a clear gloss with small and noticeable mico glitter (in blue, white, pink and purple).  I think they are noticeable without being obnoxious but then again, I would just prefer it completely clear since the glitter don't do much anyway.
The texture is a medium, semi sticky one that settles into a glassy finish...This kind of formula was declared out of style (by whatever experts) but I always like them since you don't need much to get  shiny finish and a thick formula smoothes out lip lines and soaks up all the dry flakes.

There is nothing innovative about the gloss as it (this sort of formula) was everywhere from 2005-2012 Milani, Sally Hansen both made glosses like that. There is no point for me to pay $20 for it. 

Comments

  1. Haha oh my god I remember in high school I used to wear the VS lip glosses all the time because they were super glossy but sticky af
    I only have like 2 lip glosses on hand now but I never remember to use them o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually still love clear glosses, those lip Treatment essence made by each Japanese brands are technically glosses (they are subtle, glossy and with various level of pigment) ...But the American brands reformulate them and make their glosses really gross, like thinner, lacking in pigment and oftentimes just gooey...

      Delete
  2. I'm still very much a gloss girl so I appreciate all the reviews! Too bad this one wasn't anything special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.