Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk

It seems that the only productivity I managed out of quarantine is that I was finally able to go through most my mini lipsticks and glosses.

 Pillow Talk is one of the flagship items of Charlotte Tilbury (Like Fresh's Rose, Clinique's Black Honey, Nars' Orgasm etc.) there are multiple items named Pillow Talk (eyeshadow, blush and lip liner) and today I will review their lipstick. 
I have heard about how lightweight and flimsy CT lipsticks are (the testers at Sephora do seems like they were produced with budget in mind/aka most likely China-made) but the mini actually doesn't look that bad. It's not a scaled down of the real deal but a simplified one, the metal tube has hundreds of little stars laser etched and a stylized CT at the bottom. It's adorable yet somehow still jewel like.
(I had pictures of it when it was pristine but lighting was bad) A thing to note that the tube is miniscule, the whole tube is only 2/3 of my pinky. I guess it's still good for 10 uses and great for travel.
Pillow talk is an curious take on nude - At first glace it looks like matte smoked peach, but when I look closer, there is also mauve rose tone mixed in and I can see some finer than fine micro glimmer (that doesn't look gritty or feel weird).
Bare lips for reference (this is "I just brushed my teeth")
As you can see, the color is the same level of depth as my own lip color - It doesn't mute it down or deepen it. It just shifts my lips into a peachier...The matte formula is reasonably comfortable but I definitely see more lip lines with it (than without).
(Looks a wee poopy close up) But at a distance it doesn't look bad. I wouldn't say I am in love with this particular formula (I don't feel like wiping it off before heading out either) but I totally see Charlotte's artistry and vision through this shade.  I don't normally like nude but she knows her way of mixing colors and she understands how pigmented layers with various skin tones. 

Comments

  1. She's trying to sell her company for 1+ billion. Not bad since it only just launch in 2013. I would be too selling out. Can't believe her stuff still isn't available in Australia yet like come on move with the times. Like I said all she did was go through her makeup kit and go to the labs to replicate her HG to her own makeup line. She's not that original or groundbreaking as a mua or brand owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I didn't know that...that's kind of a lot to ask though. But then again Tilbury was one of the few beauty brands that actually had a sale growth.

      Anyway, imo it actually takes some skill and eye for color doing just that...And for those eyeshadow quad, it's not just getting individual shades but also all they interplay with each color.

      If the creative director of Cle de Peau gets paid millions to produces those dated shades...1 billions for an entire brand isn't all that much.

      Delete
  2. I resisted this shade bc I know I probably won't wear it. I got Walk of Shame though! Although it seems more of a fall shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of want to try that...maybe I will count on Sephora to release a mini.

      Delete
  3. I've been really lazy lately. Like I fall asleep at midnight but then grudgingly wake up at 2-3am to brush my teeth, take off my makeup, shower n do my skincare routine...eek gross I know. But after that I'm full awake n can't fall asleep again till 6am...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can take care of yourself. I have been pretty pissed from work since now our hours (and pay) were cut by 20% yet the amount of work is more...(Oh wait not supposed to complain about work in social media).

      I managed to buy some cheap (brand new old releases) lip glosses and it really felt like 2012 ish...When I am uncertain about life at least lip gloss (and whining about various thing on my internet journal) help.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.