Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm and Overnight Lip Mask

It has been almost two years since the closing of Aritaum's Chinatown store(and three years since my purchase) ...Luckily it's still available so my review is relevent.
Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm ($6 in Korea-based etailers and almost $10 on Amazon/US stores) is a tinted lip balm with a unique ginger citrus scent, light oily texture and a very smooth glide.
The overall look and feel is like the Nivea stick balm from back in the days. Great if it's $3-5 but I wouldn't pay $10 for it. 
Flame Rose is a clear blue based red that's very easy to wear. While it's still very much a balm, the color shows well enough that it's something that I would reach for during day time.
03 Dreaming Coral is a warm coral 
This one has a very slight white base that looks little milky, lukily the balmy oil formula helps it blend into skin.
Aritaum Dreaming Coral - (This doesn't have any plumping effect) I just woke up this morning with swollen lips after wearing some Sana lip gloss overnight (it was really hot and 95% humidity last night). 
The Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask (bought it because I like the smell) is a thick vaseline based lip balm that's similar to Smith's rose salve in terms of texture. This one smells like ginger and plastic as it's  great for soaking off dead skin (so is plain old vaseline).

 I don't find it special or particularly moisturizing. Unlike Smith's Rose Salve (that settles into layer of glosd) Aritaum lip mask has a gunky texture that gets everywhere, so I don't like to use it overnight.
I like them (especially Flame Rose) and think $3-5 bucks would be a reasonable price. 

Comments

  1. The coral is pretty--too bad I can actually see the white base :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't show that well in the swatch...during winter (my lips are drier) or later on the day it really floats up there...Anyway, I guess Anerican balm 3-5 dollars behaves the same way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.