Jill Stuart Lip Glow Balm in Angelic Kiss

Back in springs 2019 - Jill Stuart released a mini Cherry Blossom collection which consisted of three lippies and a mixed blush. Out of the three lip products - two were existing lipsticks from Lip Blossoms, while the lip balm is re-release from spring 2018.

This is the 2018 version of the Lip Glow Balm - with clear crystal and an apparent pink tube(I checked on eBay and the tube does seems really pink)
For the 2019 version - The tube is adorned with pink crystal and while there is a bit of pink tinge to the tube, it's so faint that I only noticed it when I looked really hard. While I prefer the previous version, I suppose an updated design shows that you are getting a fresh batch.
The box has some floral print - different from the standard plain pink.  Initially didn't want the balm thinking it would turn hot pink like Dior Lip Glow. After hearing some good review from a Taiwanese blogger, it suddenly became much more desirable (not to mention it was sold out on the American site). Anyway, I managed to find one from Hong Kong site. 
I am a big fan of their renewed Lip Blossom (glossy, vibrant and actively moisturizing)and would be happy with a clear version. The Lip Glow Balm is something unique - It's a lightweight, sightly glossy balm that's quenching, refreshing without the slick finish or wet shine that's associated with the lipstick.

 The scent is also fruitier and less intense. And while there is a little bit of cooling sensation, it doesn't tingle, numb or sting.
Bare lips (in a healthy state thanks to Ettusais lip essence)
With a layer of Jill Stuart Lip Glow Balm in Angelic Kiss. What I really like about it is that it does make my lip healthier but there is no color changing or pink stain underneath. It wears well and stays semi glossy until I drink water. Even with drinking, the waxy residue doesn't dry out my lips.  Compared to other pricier stick balms (that I liked enough to repurchase), Jill Stuart feels more luxurious than Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment and Dior Lip Glow. 
(you can kind of sort of see the pink tube) I really want to hoard a back up but I am counting on re-release for spring 2020. After all, the brand had done so for summer 2019 (it was blue and color changing) and in the past, Jill Stuart had make some limited shade permanent due to popular demand (Shimmer Couture Eyes in Brown Couture was one example). 

This is one princess wand that I want to carry around.

Comments

  1. That sounds enticing. The problem is that I can't stand JS packaging. Too much princess for me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty nice to have (maybe not 4x better than DHC) but I think ettusais squeezy essence are better bang for the bucks.

      Delete
  2. I just got a lipstick from them! It's a little too girly for me but worth collecting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lipstick are certainly too overdone...but I ended up getting a lot since they entered US (the price with coupon is like Japanese drugstore but quality is closer to highend)...Although I never retouch in the open haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.