Peripera Airy Ink Velvet in My Brown Coral

As much as I like dissing Korean roadshop products (80-90% just plain sucks though, and don't get me on how they inflate their price as they enter US, my beloved Mamonde oil in foam cleanser went from $13 to $20 and the cleansing balm is just discontinued), I gotta admit there are some occasional gems here and there. 

While wandering around CVS (and trying to get cash back with my debit card) I have ended up with probably with a dozen items from Peripera already, while many aren't worth my time (I might review eventually when I am really bored), here is something I really like.
The Peripera Airy Ink Velvet is the brand's biggest star. I was really drawn to their bottle design, whimsical but not too preteen. 
The applicator is slanted and flat. Very easy to maneuver. There are a ton of lip stains on the market and Peripera stands out above all. First off it's not really a stain (phew) - It's a semi frosty, sorbet like lip color that coats the lip smoothly and evenly. While it doesn't stick like a shrink wrap, it dries into a softly matte (but semi clear) layer of color that's both comfortable and semi long wearing. 

The color My Brown Coral is a slightly retro feeling coral that's brightening but not too garish (It reminds me a Rimmel lipsticks 109 I have/still keep in my stash after 8 years). It's perfectly reasonable for the 7-8 dollar price and I can see how it gets to its cult status. 
Some bonus shelf pictures - The mascara actually won some Japanese awards  (I bought two and they are great at defining and lengthening while looking natural).
 
Face primer and blush.
Lip stain. I got a brownish one and will review it on a day I don't go out (the stain looks really cheap and lasted entire day).

More lip stain (I have gotten three other and none was as unique as My Brown Coral).

Comments

  1. I bought a couple of new lipsticks again...facepalm but some have turned out to be holy grails. First Nars lipstick in Chelsea Girls- a nice nude pink peach. Has the right amount of brown and pink in it. See MAC lipsticks have this problem- great shade range but it either too brown or pink based...can you believe it I have 20+ MAC lipsticks and none was Goldilocks lolz. Second was unexpected because I never paid attention to it but Lipstick Queen in Naked Truth from her Nothing But Nudes collection. It's a gorgeous pinky peach salmon nude...suprisingly it's white based but doesn't wash me out because it's pretty pigmented. I was actually looking for a dupe of Audrey Hepburn lipstick in Breakfast at Tiffany...Lisa Eldridge does has a dupe of it from her own lipstick line called Go Lightly but can't be bothered with online shipping. But Lipstick Queen is good enough and I really like it. Then I bought a few shades from the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy line...Knockout Nude (My fav nude out of the line), Naked Desire, Nude Reveal and Flash Nude (discontinued). I have to say Estee Lauder make great nudes, better than Lancome who make the most disgusting auntie neon bright shades that no one cares about except Asia market. I haven't bought a Lancome lipstick in ages actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lipstick Queen is my favorite western brand when it comes to lipstick formula! Even their creamier opaque formula are flattering on me. I still cant do estee Lauder because packaging lol.

      I haven't gotten any lipsticks...oh wait that's a lie. I went for a vacation in Japan and I got two Whomee lipsticks (newish Japanese drugstore brand created by a makeup artist) and one from rmk at duty free. I wanted one from Three but gave up after one swipe because I hated shopping at Shibuya and Ginza.

      Haha Lancome has flopped quite a bit (Even under Lisa there weren't any Signature shades out, just bunch of cheap gimmicks) but the brand is surviving because people like their skincare items.

      Delete
  2. Whoa they sell Peripera here now?? I got one of their lip tints like 2 years ago and it seems just ok to me. But also I chose their coral colors that turned out to be too bright for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have it in many CVS here but to be honest, the quality is on par with the 5-7 dollars Amazon price tag (it's near 15 in store). Actually I haven't gotten much KBeauty in 2019 (reviewing old toy here) because they are like one time use just like bubble tea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.