Holysnails - Bamboo, Rose Gold and Dragonfruit

Less buzz-worthy than it was two years ago, Holysnails is still a brand that I kept going back to. Their packaging is just adorable, and the products being simple and visibly effective not to mention their limited edition gimmicks always get me.
 
 These three limited edition Shark Sauce were from last summer - I didn't get to finish them on time (each tube lasts for 2-3 months of daily use) as I was using vitamin C (and was too lazy to layer). This fall, I wanted to switch things around as my sunspots (age spots, they are the same thing)were getting out of control. As I started using again, my experience is like a Chinese saying 小别胜新婚 (a few days apart works better than honeymoon) and it actually show result in shorter period of time. 

My opinion on all of them are still near identical to the original one, with minor difference in irritation (I remember Sand Shark stung my eyes) and scent. All of them are 10% niacinamide serum with a watery gel texture, highly hydrating but non-sticky. I don't see drastic removal of acne scars or spots but with continuous use, I do feel my skin tone being more even and clearer. If you are too lazy for layering, these sits pretty well under a layer of sunscreen.
The Bamboo Shark is supposed to be a soothing one with anti oxidant or what not. I don't feel much difference aside from the grassy smell (which doesn't cover Shark Sauce original drool "scent"). I don't hate it as the packaging illustration is adorable (all of them are).

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Bamboo Bioferment, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, N-Acetylglucosamine, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA
 Rose Gold Shark is one of my favorite, as they replaced distilled water with rose water (as for the Gold Biochlate part, I am not sure what fermented gold is doing to skin) - The formula smells pleasant (less salivary lol) and seems a little hydrating and less likely to ball up. 

Ingredients: Rose Hydrosol, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Rosa Damascena Extract, Gold Biochelate, Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, N-Acetylglucosamine, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA
 The Dragon Shark is another version that's too similar to the original Shark Sauce - There is Dragon fruit extract and mango flower extract and I frankly can't tell what they are supposed to do. Actual dragonfruit are good laxative though, just be sure pick the white one as the red one will look like a crime scene.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Dragon Fruit Extract, Mango Flower Extract, Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, N-Acetylglucosamine, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

Comments