Excel Real Clothes Shadow in CS01 Teracotta Bootie

 You all know I love Japanese drugstore palettes and have sung praises for brands like Majolica Majorca and Visee many times. Excel is actually a little above those two, as the texture (for the Skinny Rich eyes) actually feels high end. Last fall, the brand releases a range of colorful palettes and I was thrilled. Around the same time, I went to Japan for a little vacation, after playing with the testers, I only went home with one of them. Being in Tokyo helped me weeding out stuff that aren't exemplary. Afterall, there were so many other brands to choose from.
Real Clothes Shadow (forgot how many shades there are since they kept adding new ones) are each named after an apparel or accesories - The one I picked was CS01 Terracotta Bootie. Not only it seemed the most interesting of the bunch (others were either too pink, pinky purple or the green was too sheer) and I vaguely remember people comparing it to Suqqu's Hikaritouka. I always complained about the flimsy compact of the the Skinny Rich Shadow and they totally improved it on this range - The compact is in shiny plastic that there is no paint to be scratched off.
Upper left is a slightly pinkish white pearl, on the right is a golden beige rose that somehow looked golden beige on my skin, the main shade is a juicy orange with gold sheen and the liner is a bitter orange brown. By Japanese standard these are decently pigmented and the texture was rather smooth - They adhere to skin with no fallout and the boundary never look chalky. As always, the sponge tip was the best tool to yield pigmentation while brushes give a clear veil.
Even though all four shades have the same semi-pearly finish, the glitter were fine enough that it doesn't look flat when layered together.
All four layers together - Maybe a little too red for my liking
Since the texture seems a bit flat - I dabbed a little bit of the glittery Aritaum Shine Fix Eyes to spice thing up. Overall while I like this palette - Now (a whole year later and orange eyeshadow is totally out of style)I am not too crazy about it, I guess it's still the smoothest orange palette I own and I will reach for it again.

Comments

  1. The golden beige really brings the orange to life! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shine Fix eyes are such drugstore gems same as LOreal Infallible (that they are discontinuing...sighs).

      Delete
  2. Really nice beauty shots, swatches, and the product looks great on you in both photos, although I know what you're saying about orange ... got a whole drawer full of Etude House orange eye shadow singles and palettes I haven't even opened yet, just oohed and ahhed once received then promptly squirreled them away, never to be seen on my face :/

    I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what the Japanese name of the palette would be to have such an unsavourily bizarre name in English, when it dawned on me due to the clothing reference that bootie = short boot, not bootie = backside :/ I was soo stymied when I first saw your (lovely) post's title!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Teracotta backside...that would make some social justice warrior scream as well... It didn't bother me sice "Bootie" seems so 2010 with the super short short and that music video, forgot what it was though...

      I try to avoid these trendy lip color (eyeshadow arent as obvious once worn) because it will look so dated a month later...hopefully the next makeup trend isn't as distinct.

      Delete
  3. Honestly I'm glad 2019 is coming to an end. Sounds cliquey but I'm ready to start a new decade without hoarding so much makeup. After years of buying makeup I've literally know what I like now so there's no need to buy any more unnecessary shit. All my holy grails I already found. That's not to say I'm going cold turkey but if there's new shit coming out which pique my interest I'll buy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.