Three Daring Voyager Cream Shadow

Hello guys - Fall is finally here (Luckily this year we get a dry one) and with the shifted sun and temperature and humidity dialing down - It's the perfect time playing with eyeshadow and doing swatches after work. Since I realized I have way too many toys around, I am focusing on highend products: Not only it reduces cluttering, it's also a new aesthetics that became more appealing. 
2019 marks the 10th Anniversary of Japanese Brand Three (an highend, nature-oriented brand under Pola that has very chic and subdued color schemes). I have been seeing the brand a lot on Instagram and have been quite interested in their liquid eyeshadow (many are muted gray taupe). 
For their spring 2019 - Three released a range of potted eye color singles named Daringly Voyager. I spotted them online for a reasonable price. I believe they are 3600yen a piece but I got them a tad cheaper from Hong Kong.  
The box is  simple and textured - looking quietly luxurious. 

The most talked about shade is 02 Dare to See (a mustard yellow that's super trendy) and I also like the deep green of 03 Dare to Touch. 
Anyway I got shade 04 Dare to Try, 05 Dare to Love and 06 Dare to Live.
The pot is plastic with gummy caps - I hate gummy packaging but I would give Three a pass - they just produce such brilliant color stories. 
04 Dare to Try is a golden amber brown
The color has a soft gold sheen and a fine pink mist - It's very subtle and it only look like a soft warm glow on the lids. 
This might not look much but it's extremely wearable and doesn't add on to the number of items going on. With this, it's impossible to over-accesorize.
05 Dare to Love is a warm Orange Red
This color has a golden and fuchsia sheen 
Daring Voyager wears like a thin oil balm - It's extremely sheer (sheerer even by Japanese standard) and clear on the eyes. 
I had to layer a lot just for it to show up in picture - But that just makes this daring shade very wearable and classy. 
06 Dare to Live is a slightly dusty plum
This shade has a purple and golden sheen - I normally prefer my purple mauve that leans silver pewter but this plum doesn't look too red on my at all! 
I layered for it to show but it looks good (non muddy) even when it's worn sheerly.  Since the formula is a solid lightweight oil, it nourishes like an eye balm but can rub off on warmer days.
I normally like a glossy and shiny look but the subdued finish from Three is so unique! While this brand is too expensive, I will save up for more as they will get lot of use. 

Comments

  1. These look interesting. I've been lemming their quads but my oily lids pretty much rules out cream/liquid shadows and the quads almost always come with one cream pan :( Have you tried a quad? Or any of the lipsticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one from their previous version (3D eye palette) and I liked it even it's super muted. I got their new fall 2019 quad (02 Blue Lace Agate) but haven't took pictures yet.

      I really want to try their lipsticks I guess I will have to wait for future trip to Japan.

      Delete
  2. I bought 2 new shades from the revamped Revlon Super Lustrous gloss line-up Lean In (peach) and Taupe Luster (nude). They tweaked a few things, its now called Super Lustrous The Gloss LMBO. They changed the applicator it's now a massive doe foot applicator like the Clarins one. They changed the formula= cheaper formula. Old formula had hyaluronic acid, collagen and vitamin E. New formula nothing. New formula seems to be a little thinner but still nice to wear. No one makes drugstore lipglosses in West so they are probably the best drugstore lipglosses. I still regret throwing out some of my drugstore lipsticks from years ago. Hoarding behavior but i have so much makeup but still regret throwing them out...I just think about all the money I wasted only to throw it out...that why I'm careful with what makeup buy these days no good wasting money only to throw it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been good this week didn't buy any makeup. Last week was just the Revlon lipglosses. I saw new Maybelline makeup- urban bb cream or whatever but no testers so not going to buy...it's probably shit anyway none of Maybelline foundation have ever worked for me. If I'm feeling fiesty this week I'll only allow myself to buy 1 MAC single eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I didnt see your comment until now! I have been good too! I only got one palette each for oct and sept! saving up for vacation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.