Shiro Mint Essence Lip Butter in 9F03

I might have mentioned a few posts down, I have been more and more into these more subtle Japanese brands due to their intricate details and wearability. When I received an email informing Shiro's summer collection was out and available in store, I made sure to stop by as soon as I could because these will sell like hot cake. 
Although the color makeup collection is small - All of them (look at all the glosses!) spoke to me. 
Since they aren't exactly cheap, I only went with the mint green (now I wish I have picked up the Bronze green). 
9F03 is a clear mint green with white and light teal micro shimmer - the shimmer is very fine and delicate it reminds me of the green Tendertone from MAC (released way back when). 
See the soft mint blue sheen? It make feel cool and refreshed just looking at it. 
One more close up - I don't own that many blue lip gloss but this is so well curated that it's easily the best (well I guess the ones from Guerlain and Chanel were really pretty). 
On the lips - 9F03 doesn't look a bit bluish but it tones down my lip color in a very natural way. The formula of the mint essense lip butter is also notably different from the ginger lip butter - Instead of a watery gel, the mint essense version has a fluid-oil-gel formula that moisturizes more quickly and lasts a bit longer (thanks to light oil part).
I guess lasting power isn't needed as much given how light the shade is. The minty sensation is very mild (nothing menthol like and even weaker zing than Covergirl-Amazemint- which I thought was pleasant enough of a formula) that it has close to zero weird taste. It does plump up the lip being so quenching. 
 
I love the mint essense lip butter and I wish it's made permanent. I shall stop by the store to see if they have any left. I would love to have another one in green bronze (I don't mind having a back up either). 

Comments

  1. Hopefully, we will go to the store together next time we see each other. I still love lip gloss but surprisingly enough it's hard to find good ones nowadays (or has it been always that way..??). I'd be excited to find some basic shades from the brand, like medium pink or mauve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has lot of basic (but stylish like Gucci Westman did for revlon) and stylish one... Their fall collection are like celvoke... But they are switching to shiny black packaging.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.