Opera Lip Tint in Orange and Pink Red

Opera lip tint is one of the most popular lip products in their local market and being the trend follower, I had to get a few to play with. (That's from two years ago, before realizing most Japanese lip tints leave strong stain afterward)

I only reviewed two in the past because it's impossible to just swatch and go with these (They are a little drying to me so they require a warm, humid day with perfect sun. With the strong stain they leave behind means I can't swatch anything afterward...) Anyway, I finally managed to swatch the rest I had on two separate mornings. 
06 Pink Red is a slightly murky (there is a little creamy opacity but not white base) red that's a little mulberry. The color is very and healthy and wearable...that's until the strong stain kicks in. 
The pink red gets quite bold on me and stays for at least 8hr with eating and drinking.
Once the light glossy finish wears off, the formula is actually quite drying (on me at least). I could touch up but building up the color means having clown mouth. 

 I can see how Japanese women love it because their climate are more humid and forgiving.
04 Orange is a clear orange that turns gradually more coral red.
Opera is changing the packaging to a Bronze and silver but the original gold tube is quite sleek-looking.

Bare lips
04 Orange freshly applied. Opera has a lovely thin oil-gloss texture that's smooth and comfortable, but it's not too long wearing that it slips off easily (that's why they add the staining effect).
Blotted after two minutes, you can see lines are already creeping in (consider it was a very humid day) and it's turning more coral pink. By the end of the day, it's a very strong coral red stain on me. I personally don't like this level of stain because it looks quite unnatural on me and I am afraid it will become hyperpigmentation on my lips in the long run. 
All four of Opera Lip tint - 02 Pink and 06 Pink red both turns magenta right away. 04 Orange is too bold of a coral red but not as bad as magenta. 05 Coral pink is the most wearable one of the bunch. 

Comments

  1. I think I almost bought a couple of these but the markups were too much (or somebody called me when I was about to check out and I forgot about the cart <- it happens ;p). I actually LOVE sheer lippies that stain. You made me want them again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alphabeauty have them closed to original retail (but you have to spend 50 or pay$4 shipping). These are super bold on me (with the stain), I think I will like them if they tone it down a bit..

      Delete
  2. That's interesting, because they don't leave a such a strong stain on my lips and that makes me love them more ^.^ I don't like the new brushed metal packaging either. I like these shiny ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just my own PH, many people swear by dior lip glow (I love the formula too) but even the pale lilac gets clown bright in an hour...And lasts a whole bloody day!

      Delete
  3. Lolz you know what I also bought this week? I bought the Clarins Instant Lip Perfector gloss $32 in the squeeze tube with the sponge applicator ...all because Kate Middleton duchess was snapped using it in public lolz. It's not bad, kinda reminds me of a bit of the old old square tube Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses. I managed to get the 01 shade but looks kinda white based on me. But my favorite shade is 07, it comes out looking like brown poo, but it's actually a nice nudeish rose. Then I finally bought Tarte Shape Tape concealer, I must be the last person on earth to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never gotten shape tape! I think it might be an ulta exclusive and there is an ulta close by. Anyway, I like concealer palette from Japanese brand that I can mix to get my shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Clarins hand and nail cream 100ml $42. It's actually really good, makes your hands so soft n silky. I mean the drugstore varieties do same job but this is like luxury version lolz. It's a good gift option if you want to buy a present that's non offensive n does the job. I stocked up on my beloved MAC Studio Moisture Cream & Complete Comfort cream. No one's buying it so I gotta move the stock otherwise they'll discontinue it lolz.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.