Cleansing Oil from Aritaum, Mamonde and Sulwasoo

Happy Reiwa (more like Late-wa) Era! It would probably make more sense to do a Japan Travel log with click bait-y titles ("Last Sakura season of Heisei" or "Last haul of Heisei" etc)but it's a bit of hassle fetching, transferring and shrinking pictures from phone so I will keep them for later. For now, more Korean skincare I got in the last two year. 

You all know I love hating on KBeauty (as with everything over hyped) but out of all Korean lines, Amore Pacifics is a company I trust and like more than the others. Since I am wearing sunscreen everyday (I try), I am quite dependent on cleansing oil or balm (given the concern of micro plastic, I am breaking away from balm as well).  K Beauty stores are plentiful in the city, here are three cleansing oils from Amore Pacific. 
 
Sulwasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil is a light oil with an herbal scent (slightly more grassy than it is medicinal). It's the most expensive  cleansing oil I have tried ($38 a bottle but I got it 20% off) but deservingly so. The texture is lightweight, fluid but not thin or watery. On the skin it feels like watery silk with a tiny bit of cooling sensation. It cleanses well and rinses clean, leaving my face moisturized and no residue. On days I am lazy (90% of the times) , I can get away with not using a second cleanser and having no clogged pore afterward. 

I love it and can actually see myself repurchase (during sale) because the cost is reasonable for how luxurious it feels. 
Mamonde Cleansing Oil is more towards budget line (I used it more than half a year ago so I hope I recall what it was like). The oil is a runnier, like a liquid silicone suspended in water. It cleanses decently well and rinses clean, there is a bit more drag on the face and it doesn't seem to have a pampering feel. It was ok but nothing super special in the first-cleanser world. 
The Aritaum Cleansing oil is further down the budget line. The texture is very runny that I need several pumps just to cover my face. While it does its job removing sunscreen and lighter makeup, the thin silicone oil formula gets into my eyes and fogs up my vision. It's essentially a downgraded version of Mamonde and since I need several pumps to gets it to work, it's no cheaper than the others. 

Comments

  1. I usually feel happy with most cleansing oil (Muji & Hada Labo are good in my book). On the other hand, I wasn't very impressed by the Tatcha cleansing oil although I like most of their lineups. I just used up a very good bottle of cleansing lotion but I am back to cleansing oil. This time, it's TBS Chamomile which I think just alright. Now you've made me try the Sulwhasoo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like muji but it's a little draggy on the face and it kind of smells like cooking oil. Another Amore store in Chinatown also closed down now I don't know where to get sulwasoo stuff.(maybe the online sale will be better?)

      Delete
  2. I have Sulwhasoo and Mamonde but probably won't get to them for a while. Urgh with the microplastic--just when I started to get into cleansing balms too :( Oh well, there's got to be cleanring balms out there without polyethylene >.<"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked my current stash...even the pixi ones arent safe. I suppose they need the plastic to keep the balm solid enough to be in a jar. But anyway, oils are nice too so I don't mind them.

      Delete
  3. I told you how I fell off the bandwagon after I got sick. I still have yet to return back to normal, haven't worn any makeup for past month. I've been also really bad with my hygiene too. This is gross but I have fell asleep many times without brushing my teeth or taking off my makeup. On top of that I often eat late or I get hungry at night and so I eat after I had brushed my teeth. So i went to the dentist today and omg bad news, my teeth are decaying. He was asking me, do I floss? And I said yes. Then he's like everyday? And I'm like yeah. And he looked at me strange. And I'm thinking oh god my bad hygiene/habits are the reason, not the flossing. Face palm. I swear my teeth are worse than people who are drug addicts, always a problem everytime I go to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Can relate since I used to like having sweets (cake) near by bed and I eat them when I wake up in the middle of night. There is a remineralizing toothpaste from Apagard that I like a lot, it prevents cavities more effectively than stuff from Crest or Colgate.

      Delete
  4. LMBO you know that Dior 3 Couleur Oblique eyeshadow in 053 Smokey that I wanted? Lolz I ended up buying it, I'm embarrassed to say that I forked out $107aud for it. It was Thursday late night shopping and I was feeling a little bored. Nothing new & exciting was happening at the Lancome counter so i went to Dior counter and saw the beautiful display. My budget allowed me to splurge on something this week. It's really pretty though I don't really regret it lolz. It's made in Italy 3.3g for 3 shades, not bad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am eyeballing one dior quint from this summer (Terra) but I might bail since it's probably selling out fast at macys. I should stop buying eyeshadow palettes...

      Delete
  5. Do you like the Shu Uemura cleansing oils? I purchased the 15 oz of the pink one like 3 times. I heard the Bobbi Brown one is good for soothing skin, hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it(I known it's a classic)! Will do someday but I also have a big stock of first cleanser right now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.