Canmake Juicy Pure Eyes in Night Lavender

The Juicy Pure Eyes is another fairly popular range from their line up, the brand usually comes up with one or two shades each year (the repetitive or unpopular shades would get sacked) and 10 was the new release for spring 2018. Being the lover of murky purple eyeshadow and cheap toys, it didn't hurt getting one. 
10 Night Lavender is an elegant and mysterious looking purple palette with a pinkish white allover shade, a clear purple taupe (that meant to be on top of the base) with a sheen and a plummy liner/ main lid shade. 
All three shades are very soft and powdery with ton of fly out but on the skin it looks relatively smooth. As expected with makeup in this price range (5-6 bucks), the packaging is slightly flimsy and the sponge applicator is utterly crap. To be fair a good sponge from Shiseido drugstore brands retails for 3 bucks if purchased separately. 
As you see here, the three shades all have a pink lean. Since mauve pink usually looks dirty on me, it's not a combo I go for. 
Since the main shade/biggest pan of Juicy Pure Eyes is a clear top coat , they are all lightly pigmented with (I have a few) a glossy finish. I like it with warmer or more skin-like shades, Night Lavender is just not my thing.
Overall. Meh but I will try it again later. It should be nice on very pale girl with bigger lid space.

Comments

  1. I'm now kinda obsessed with eyeshadow brushes lolz. But I'm not gonna go crazy and buy all the expensive Japanese brushes. Just the brands available at my local shopping centre like MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I have tonnes of drugstore brushes but barely any high end ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some American eyeshadow brushes are good but for the same price Japanese one just hold up so much better...Some brands just mark Japanese made brushes as prestigous and overpriced so they can charge a ridiculous price for it (like how surratt) when most of those are very reasonable for their quality.

      Delete
  2. Which Japanese brushes you recommend that are good but still affordable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many horse hair oned by Koyudo are around 15-20 dollars that are very nice. The newest release are Whomee eyeshadow small and large 1800-2300 yens (18-23 usd). I also really like the ones by Kanebo Tesshyu Collection (made by Chikuhodo) for their large squirrel eyeshadow brush.

      Delete
  3. Ah, this is one of my very recent Canmake order. It looks much warmer than I imagined but still pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I am not a fan of pink leaning purple. Reminds me of toilet paper of the 90s China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a Tom Ford eyeshadow quad called Titanium Smoke that I saw online and it looked really good but it's been discontinued. It had a cult following, it was like a smokey eyeshadow quad with black/blue/grey shades. I would never pay $122aud for a TF quad but I was browsing Clinque today, I've never paid any attention to clinique eyeshadow because the testers were always old n used but I found a really similar looking one called "smoke and mirrors" lolz. So I bought it for half the price of TF $64. It's actually really good and since TF and Clinique are both owned by EL it's probably a cheaper dupe. And you know what I notice with eyeshadows, if it contains an ingredient called trimethylsiloxysilicate, then it's likely to be good quality because all the high end eyeshadow use this ingredient. None of the drugstore shadows I've seen use this ingredient.

    And get this too I bought an Estee Lauder eyeshadow blending brush couple of weeks ago. Well this week I bought a Nars eyeshadow brush and guess what? It's the exact same brush as EL. Same hair, same length, same colour, same made in China, same cardboard packaging. They all made from same factory and just private label it for the brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am not mistaken, Nars is owned by Shiseido for quite a few years already. But I assume they would source their brush similarly as other American brands. Bare Minerals (owned by Shiseido as well) actually had some quality brushes (China made) that were very nice. Tapered hair and all.

      I have one Tom Ford palette and I gotta say lots of their price are about the prestige...Their packaging (the most expensive part about a piece of makeup) are made in China like Bobbi Brown and Charlotte Tillbury...But the texture and glitter for Tom Ford seem very refined though...so maybe not 88 bucks good but better than other by a noticeable amount.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.