Kora Noni Glow Face Oil

Kora is an organic skincare brand created by Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerr (I suppose Kora is supposed to sounds like Kerrrrr in Australian accent or something?). 

Most of the products are overpriced that I only tried it as a part of Sephora set (which itself is unreasonably priced as well and Sephora didn't publish my negative review) from last year. 
The Noni Glow Face Oil comes in a light golden color and a thin, runny texture that spreads quickly and leaves a slightly sticky residue. The smell is a little sweet and kind of almond-like. It's dampens and moisturizes skin a little but it's not that different from the almond or catser oil you see at the drugstore. 

You know in many drugstore they have a little "Mexican corner"  where they sell some oil, rose water with glycerin, some really basic skincare (some from south of border, some made domestically)  items that work quite well for their price (a few bucks)? The Noni Glow oil reminds me of the almond oil I got there. 
Rosa Canina Fruit Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Fruit Extract*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/leaf/stem Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/leaf Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Punica Granatum Seed Oil*, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Seed Oil*, Geraniol**, Citronellol**, Farnesol** Citral**.

Actually I am kind of impressed how they mixed all these oils and extra and ended up with something that feels like it's from De la Cruz.
(I had fun taking pictures though)
Overall, the Noni Glow Face Oil is a perfect example of celebrity money grab with undeserving quality. It's $68 dollars for 30ml/1oz while better formulated oils such as J----que (name edited because I kept getting spammed by their PR) Skin Balancing Face Oil is $50 (oh yikes their site changed it to $69) for 2oz. Anyway, most oils from Wholefoods are more effective at moisturizing and brightening.

P.S. Dear PR for J__que, please stop emailing me asking me to link to their website. I removed my email address from my profile for a reason! 

Comments

  1. Agree Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil is SO lovely. I've tried a sample and been eyeing it. Just waiting for a good promo now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jurlique is the first high end oil I ever purchased (still during sale) considered how much I didn't bother with skincare it's saying a lot.

      lookfantastic has 10-15% off code frequently and it's still 50 bucks there right now. I hope they don't change it.

      Delete
    2. Or you can just buy it directly from Jurlique's online store for $50! They have frequent promo too, most recently 25% off everything!

      Delete
    3. It took me three years to finish the large bottle and I still have two minis (10-15ml )from a sets. I will wait till next fall for another one. I love how softening it is with the amazing scent.

      Delete
    4. YES!!! The SCENT was everything! And of course the softening part too, but it was the scent that hooked me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.