Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit Shimmer and Metallic Eyeshadow

For the last three years or so, I have made an active attempt to not get any American drugstore makeup. Most of the time it's just not appealing enough and for the few time I caved in, I didn't bother reach for the items after playing with them just once.  After all the resistance, Wet n Wild made me break my resistance with the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit eyeshadow.
Liquid Eyeshadow has been popular on the market for a while with Stila (too blingy for everyday wear) and Glossier Lid Star (overpriced for what it is) leading the hype train. Even drugstores lines like Maybelline, Elf and Essence have their own version but the shades were too generic for my liking. 
When I saw the display of Wet n Wild liquid Catsuit eyeshadow, I was attracted to the shades, which are more edited/nuanced compared to other drugstore options. Being affordable to start with ($5) and when a sale hit ($10 for 3). They were irrisistible. 
Starting with Shimmer Shadow - Fairytale Ending is a dreamy pink mauve with fine gold sheen, Cashmere Love is a metallic silvery pewter and Goldie Luxe is a golden lime that's neither 24k nor sour green.  With the exception of Fairytale Ending which had soft golden glow, the other two habe chunky glitter that's best used as accent. 
And a rare quality for a budget line, the shades all blend in with skintone well without looking too editorial (aka workable only on Instagram).  
What started this haul was Fairytale Ending, it instantly reminds me of Stila Shimmer and Glow Eyeshadow in Cloud with the dusky purple and gold sheen.  I love Stila Cloud so much I have both a mini and full size. 
The two are indeed very similar from texture, long applicator and how they swatch. 
In certain lighting Stila Cloud (on the left) looks a bit cooler while Fairytale Ending is more pink.
While in other lighting the two are almost indistinguishable. The wear and staying time is exactly the same as Stila, the shadow remains fresh for hours on a cold dry day.  Anyway, while I like all three, they weren't must have since I have other glitter shades that are more refined and wearable. And while it's nice having a backup, the two Stila Clouds will last me a while. 
While the 3 for $10 deal was still going on, I grabbed three of the metallic shades. 
Ruby Heist is a jeweled pomegranate, Shells and Whistle is a rose gold with a nutty (instead of obviously pink) lean and You Copper Cat is a metallic coral. 
I am very wary of drugstore eyeshadow that are labeled metallic as they tend to be either pathetically sheer (with only glitter here and therel or straight up 18 Brass Men of Shaolin. In this case, I am happy to report that these are a nice in between, softly luminous that defines and brightens. 
Ruby Heist is a little deep and vamp for my skill level and tiny lid space but it should work well as a jewel tone liner. Shell and Whistle is perfect defining lid shade that's not too heavy and Copper Cat (if you blend it well) is a work-friendly coral that should be perfect for summer time. 
Look the shimmer is kind of complex! I wore Shell and Whistle today (it lasted through a nap after I came from from the snow) and can totally see myself wearing it again. 

Since I am at it, here are more Wet n Wild release for 2019.
highlighting bronzer
Spray and lip balm that sold out at Harmon
Megalash mascara and Liquid Catsuit shadow
Liquid lip color
Foundation sticks. I got a concealer from Wet n Wild last year, while I like how it stays on face, the shade range is way too warm.
Bronzer
Water drop  primer
Perfect Pout lip color

Comments