Niche Brand Spotlight: Sweets Sweets plus a bit of Lunasol

Technically, Sweets Sweets is hardly a niche brand (unlike stuff like Etvos, Natural Glace, Only Minerals, Whomee...that are only available at specialized store like Tokyu Hands) but it certainly isn't as mass market as Maquillage.  Out of the two dozens of drugstores I hopped in, I only saw it in one Matsukiyo (near the busy Shibuya Crossing) so I took some blurry pictures. 
3D gloss base (for eyeshadow) and spin roller eyeliner
Eyeshadow quad (look a little deep), matt chiffon blush (wait I think I got one two years ago, need to review it) and pressed powder (oh wait I think I have this too)
Base, cheek color and what look like cream shadow pots
The Premium Gateau shadow are on the most visible spot. Another popular item is the Sparkling Eye Gloss (and yup I got the newish palette to play with)...With my current review speed I will get it posted...before the 2020 Olympics)
Nail color.  While I am at it, here are some pictures of Shibuya (in my head I call it Times Square of Tokyo).
It was impossible to take a regular picture of Hachiko because it's surrounded by urgh...me (tourists).
First time I saw the billboard I pointed at it enthusiastically (Thinking it was Nakajima Yuto) and my travel buddy was like "You like Kpop too?" 

Turns it it was Tohoshinki. I am either faceblind or need new prescription (mostly likely both).
Seriously the bottom ones does kind of look like Yuto...Ok I am indeed faceblind.
Want to have back problems? This is how you get back problems. 

While I was there, I stopped by Shibuya Hikarie as it was one of the places with Hakuhodo counter. Anyway, it appears that I already got the brushes I wanted (plus the monthy special set wasn't appealing/I will wait for the return of apple green handle) so I didn't buy anything. However, I stopped by Lunasol to swatch their Holiday eyeshadow duos. 
Eventhough Lunasol's popularity waned significantly compared to 2010s (almost a decade ago) and the counter seemed slow, most of the limited edition singles (the duo colored one that looks like brick) sold out, leaving the bland one. 

Out of the three duos, the purple one was also gone. I swatched them and that peach-rose on top, a combo that I kept on buying (Nars Hammamet, St Paul de Vance and Bohemian Gold) has beautiful medium pigmentation and that dreamy Lunasol transparency. 
I think two of the limited liquid lip colors are gone (I remeber seeing a brownish red and rose)
All the regular quad that I am not that into (The quaf looks like Excel and the bottom row duo are like Muji).

Comments

  1. Aww... no tester for the new LE Geminate Eyes they're going to release on Jan 11??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't out yet back in December. I saw some Taiwanese bloggers (Goris Sky) PR posts already though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.