Fasio Eye Color in BR-3

Among all the Kose makeup brands that I am familiar with, Fasio is one of the quiet ones among the sisters. 

If you want to know what's currently brewing in the Kose cauldron, Esprique has the A-list Kitagawa Keiko as spokeperson and comes up with new products every season. Visee just kept on having new sold-out collaboration with the Jpop legend Namie Amuro. Jill Stuart is spewing out mini ranges every few weeks. Decorte is...urgh at least now in the US market finally. Even Rimmel (Rimmel in Japan is owned and run by Kose) had a few new palettes and singles that had some buzz on line. 

While I was shopping for (more craps I don't need) Majolica eyeshadow singles (there were four very attractive shades from summer and Adambeauty has two...at 5.5 bucks a piece!). I noticed a Fasio eyeshadow duo that I haven't seen before. There were yellow-brown, the standard beige brown but at the end, I went with a mauve taupe because that's my jam. 

The duo comes in a light weight/flimsy plastic compact, inside the surfaced is coated plastic you can use as mirror. I never thought I would say this but the sponge tip here is craptastic: thin, wimpy and already crumbing and melting when the shadow was fully wrapped. I couldn't even use it once without having black pieces all over my eyes. 
The eyeshadow itself looks nice enough. The formula is very pigmented, a bit wet and powdery with some fallout. 
 
BR3 is a metallic mauvey taupe with thin brown with lots of multi dimension sparkle. The color combo is similar to the beautiful and discontinued Nars Dolomites. Both of them are really easy to layer. 
While the colors are good, the formula of Fasio is a noticeable step down from Esprique ($8 for a single) and Visee  ($12-13 for duo and $15 for quad). Visee and Esprique feel as good as high end while Fasio lacks the textural refinement that I (wasn't supposed to?) expect. 

It all comes down to the texture, while ultra pigmented, the powdery color smears into a large area, sitting on top, without melting into skin. Having tried plenty of low-end eyeshadow (and liked them), Fasio actually out-cheaped Cezanne and Canmake. 
 
I has msh love liner in pink brown here, the two shade of BR3 mixed together. Overall the makeup would either look thick and heavy if I apply straight on, dirty if I blend. It's not a terrible product by any means but compared to other drugstore Kose, this is certainly garbage.

Hey at least I still have my buttery Dolomites! 

Comments