Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Bohemian Gold

Back in 2016 while I was momentarily bored by (temporary) lack of new Japanese palettes, I looked back at Nars and got hooked again. Blush tone and orange eyeshadow were both becoming increasingly popular back then and Bohemian Gold was everything on trend.
Both of the pans from Bohemian Gold are satin, the burnished rose has a bit more sheen than the orange coral (with a touch of brown). The compact is getting sticky already but I try to not think about it too much.
Both shades are very pigmented, easy to blend (but they are not among the best duos I have touched) and the two layer well on top of each other. The texture is a little on the harder, compacted side but it can be sheered out with brush.
Why do I keep buying the same thing? Actually I had another peach one I got fall 2017...

Bohemian Gold is slightly more coral, blush toned compared to the earthier, neutral-leaning Hammamet. Hammamet is the winner as it contains a smooth matte that works on its own and the metallic pan is silkier. Anyway, there is really no point getting both unless you are crazy like me.
One (of the many) thing they have done right is making an obviously coral shade with none of the ruddiness and you will never mistake it for eye infection.
I love this and I can wait for a drier day to wear eyeshadow again. What's up with the humidity this past 6 weeks? Every eyeshadow is slipping off like how things goes in Houston...

Comments

  1. This is very pretty! As soon as I opened this post, I was thinking "hmm, I wonder how this compares to Hammamet (which I still need to review)" and you included a swatch comparison. Thank you for that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nars must be my favorite high end brand from western hemisphere...Their eyeshadow shades are so unique that I can't find any Asian equivalent at all (unlike other expensive ones...when I saw the hourglass glitter shadow I was like "isnt that the exact same thing as aritaum shine fix eyes....that are like 5 bucks a piece on sale?" )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.