Canmake Wink Glow Eyes - Terracotta Brown and Sakura Mauve

Canmake released a bunch of new little toys last year and the Wink Glow Eyes is one of them. The are 500 yen a piece (the price almost doubled after international mark up) and housed in a cute watercolor paint tube. 
The quality of the packaging is pretty good, smooth, shiny that it stays looking newish. I have had them for a little over a year and the consistency hasn't changed.
New tubes have seal near the nozzle so you don't need to worry about. There were only three shades in the range last year and I got 01 Terracotta Brown and 02 Sakura Mauve.  03 Romantic Aurora is a very pale sheer lilac that I don't think I could have pulled off , as I get around five shades darker each summer. 

The eyeshadow have runny texture that's (not unlike Glossier Cloud Paint) easy to spread and dry. The pigmentation is medium but very much buildable and instead of looking watered down, the semi clear finish I get is still quite nice. I can get an effortless gradation in seconds.
Terracotta Brown is a warm brown with a rosy undertone. I don't know how they manage to do it, but for something that's marked as five buck, it looks rather expensive.  The color, finish and texture are so complex that I forgot it's a brand that was first marketed toward teenagers. 
Here is Terracotta Brown by itself. I am actually glad that this shade leans warm rose because I am starting to get tired of all these matte burnt oranges eyeshadow (bright coral orange is fine with me). 
  
Anyway, formula wise it's worth double its retail (I prefer paying 500 yen though) and as soon as I saw two new shades added this spring, I bought them without hesitation. I am very happy with them but I wouldn't say they are must have (There are a ton of beautiful brown eyeshadow out there). 

As for 02 Sakura Mauve, it's a nice shade for definition and brightening but the mauve clashes badly with my farmer tan (if you read Chinese, it's very 村 on me). I might be able to wear it when my summer tan fade but by then my skin might just look too sickly. 

Comments

  1. LOL at 村 (I read a little bit). I too find warm mauve tricky to wear but I'm sure it isn't half bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will look good on very fair girls (you!) like many semi pastel shades. Anyway I got a coral pink and gold from this summerand they are more flattering.

      Delete
  2. You're right and that brown looks pretty and complex! It's liquid though, which means it'll crease on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww too bad...My lid gets really oily as well with the crazy tropical weather in NJ (the good part is no dry line) but bad part is cream shadow crease and fade in three minutues...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.