Lipstick Queen Lip Gloss in Jean Queen


Out of all the Lipstick Queen lipsticks I have gotten, Jean Queen is one of the two (the other being Medieval)I actually reach for (mainly because they have smooth metal tubes that are not rubberized). Jean Queen has a particularly lovely formula as it feels like a watery gel and has a tad bit of opacity without milkiness. The color is also like azuki shaved ice, yum.

Well, there is a catch. They must have used a bit of that color-changing pigment found in so many color changing lip balm, because overtime Jean Queen turns more and more hot pink on me. Anyway, I have been meaning to get the matching gloss for quite a while but I kept holding it off. 

Luckily, on Friday January 20th (I will always remember it as Maestro Barenboim's 60th Anniversary since he first played at Carnegie Hall, oh plus the brilliant performance of Bruckner 2nd), I found them at TJ-Maxx for 10 bucks a piece and I couldn't be any happier.  
Jean Queen Gloss and Lipstick.  They are both that muted sheer rose red that's neither obviously warm or cool. The gloss has hard plastic tube and only an attached brush tip to dispense the gloss, making squeezing a bit of an effort.
Jean Queen gloss is light weight, moisturizing and non sticky. It's a good formula but nothing groundbreaking. I will make an effort to use it even the applicator isn't encouraging.
Same goes with the color, wearable and healthy-looking. Good enough for 10 bucks. 

Comments

  1. Love Jean Queen Lipstick! It's just one of the easiest colors to wear for me, and no turning hot pink or mauve :P

    Not sure I will try the gloss though. I think I definitely grew out of glosses and would much prefer lipsticks nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventhough I am buying less gloss now but they are quite handy for the drier seasons (many lipsticks/all except the high end ones sink into my lip and gets all wrinkly) they don't go wrong as easily. Jean Queen isn't that amazing though, the dispensing tip takes too much effort and the color is nice but I guess not nice enough for me to put squeezing time for.

      Delete
  2. I went a little cray cray over the past week and snapped up a whole bunch of Estee Lauder Lipsticks....mainly the pinks and nudes from the Pure Color Envy/Hi Lustre line. They're nice, Estee Lauder makes better colours than Lancome. There's one for everyone- the "auntie" colours, the classics and the bold instagram colours. But i still couldn't find my precious consort....they're either too shimmery, too frosty, too purple, too auntie, too dry... you name it. They're all going to the cold palace. Now i've got a hefty credit card bill and some more bills coming up. Well i guess i'm crawling back to my Lancome and Dior lippies...on top of that my face is breaking out like crazy and i can't get it under control so i'm having more makeup woes on top of it. I swear, there are days where i just want to throw my whole makeup in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...bad skin days kill my mood (Last week I was trying Shiseido sunscreen again and got so many solid bumps). Right now I am ok but who knows what else will give me another reaction.

      I have been meaning to trash a lot of stuff (because I don't see myself using them) but never did the dump. I shall really spring clean.

      Delete
    2. I give up. LancĂ´me rouge in love lipstick 232m will be my go to pink lipstick. Everything else is going to the cold palace. If they ever discontinue it, I will curse them in every instagram post. My foundation woes still are ongoing. The aircon is so cold at work that my foundation is literally cracking and evaporating off. I had to buy a powder foundation to keep my face intact but I can't seem to find the right shade. Damn if it's hot damn if it's cold. I just can't win. I'm in my late 20's. I'm starting to see the signs of ageing. I've got acne, pigmentation, roscea, fine lines, dehydrated skin. Takes a solid 30 minutes to put my makeup on. I'm so over it.

      Delete
    3. I had problem with BB cream/face makeup caking like mad on me as well but I had been keeping a barrier repair and brightening routine so it has getting better now! Plus I found a physical sunscreen I can use daily but the downside is that it's 41 bucks for 30ml only. I bought a chanel lipstick and eye palette on a whim yesterday but I might return the palette (untouched) because I don't like the packaging and the shade isn't special special...

      Delete
  3. What sunscreen is this? Yeah i hate buying expensive products for such little amount. I bought a new powder foundation today, Lancome Dual Finish Powder in 320 Amande lll....lolz this is what the aunties and grandma uses! Is Lancome popular in America? None of the young ones buy Lancome as it's too expensive here in Australia. Suffers the same grandma image as Estee Lauder. The powder still looks a bit too dark and pink but got no choice, seriously i have tried everything. I have full maxed out my credit card so i'm on a legit makeup ban.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Dr Andrew Weil by Origin SPF 45 (this one is all physical while the moisturizer has chemical filter). It's kind of wonderful to see how much faster the spots fade when I use sunscreen religiously. And the white cast doubles as foundation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.