YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil in Stick in 43 Rose Rive Gauche

It has been years (almost seven?) since the release of YSL original Rouge Volupte and the brands has added many lines of lipsticks since. Earlier this spring, a new range called Oil in Stick was released, which isn't too different from existing Rouge Volupte Shine.

I wasn't sure if I like the name but just by looking at the range (decently pigmented brights that's glossy and not opaque), I knew I have to try at least one shade. 
 I still love their gaudy gold tube (one is enough for me though)! The newer ones have ditched the actual mirror (the smooth top is reflective enough) which actually gives the tube design a smoother transition.

The color I picked, 43 Rose Rive Gauche, is a warm strawberry pink. The color has a cream (white) base that isn't pasty at all and just like many other white based lipsticks, it looks a bit done-up on face that free of base-makeup. The glide is smooth, effortless, never squishy or messy. 

On the lips, Rose Rive Gauche is an refreshing color for spring (maybe not as bright/juicy as I want for summer). I find the quality to be very high (as good as the Bobbi Brown Luxe, in a different way) and I love the creamy look but jelly-like application.

I like it, not repurchasing kind of like though. 

Comments

  1. I haven't looked at lipsticks with jelly-like finish in a while. The other way I was looking at Chanel Coco Shine Bohème just because I happened to be wearing a similar color on my nails (jelly finish). I don't mind the gold tube but it is just so heavy to carry around. The color is gorgeous on you, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I never like buying more than one YSL from the same range, they even look big just inside my organizer...In the other hand, I don't mind having another suqqu since it looks so sleek and slim...

      One day I will get a chanel lipstick just for the heck of it, maybe the summer LE of next year?

      Delete
  2. Love the color but boo on the white base :( Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lots of western lipsticks are like that? This and bobbi brown both have nice quality but I dont think they are slap on and go sort of color...In the other hand, compared to similar creamy Japanese shades (coffret dor premium stay pk299) ysl feels much nicer...

      Delete
  3. This is super cute! I'm always intrigued by coral even though they kinda all start blurring together in my collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be getting tired of the color a little (just a little) but it's literally the three types of color I wear (red, bright pink and coral)...I am shifting my attention to punchy pinks instead.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.