NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait

NYX Strawberry Parfait was a cartfiller from an online purchase at nyxcosmetics (there are some liners I want that are not available in store).  I might just mention that is was the single worst online shopping experience I had, not only it took them 10 days to ship things out, I didn't find out that one of the items was unavailable until I received the package (which came with a random lace pouch and no receipt/invoice). 

Luckily, there is a newly opened NYX standalone store in the city (there is one in Jersey as well but it's a bit far away) so I never need to deal with the site again. 
Strawberry Parfait is a creamy blue pink that turns a good deal more purple on my lips (well, I am not surprised). The thick cream gel texture of the gloss is very comfortable and line-smoothing and the color wears pretty well. 
I am not in love with the color (it's one of the few shades available that's not deep brown or purple) but for a cartfiller, I have no complaint.  

Later on while I was at Harmon and the Union Square store (both are pretty close to each other) I picked up three more shades which I ended up loving, the review won't be up for a while since day light is scarce...

Comments

  1. Looks pretty! Look forward to your review of the other colors, even though I don't give glosses enough love and should stay away from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't buy glosses as often now (they go bad more quickly) but I don't say no to cheap thrills. Some brown based colors are quite flaterring and unique (for drugstore brand).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.