Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lipstick in Bon Bon

The cashier at Nordstrom Racks insisted on opening the tube to make sure it was indeed the "lip cream" shown on packaging (that I didn't tuck in something more expensive), hence the nick. A little more trust would have made the world (my blog photo album) a prettier place.

Anyway, discount joints have become one of my favorite places for new toys given how unthrilled I am with drugstores. When I saw these relativly prestine lipsticks from Too Faced, I picked one up thinking it would become one of my used-once-stashed-away toys (hey at least it's a cute one) and I ended up surprised by the quality (I am out of touch with Sephora brands since I have been assuming they are mostly overpriced).
First off, the medium-slim matte golden(well it's probably aluminum) tube feels weighty but not heavy, cap closes clean with no screech. It's certainly fitting for the 22-dollars price tag (I bought it for 9) and imo, is much nicer than other mid range brands (Bites rubbery dust/oil magnet comes to mind). It's definitely something I like to carry in my bag. 
Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched lipstick is exactly as described: Very creamy (nickable) and packed with bright color and opacity. I like it that it still has a bit of clarity that it melts into skin instead of Just floating on top. The creamy texture glides effortlessly (but doesn't melt into lips like Suqqu) with no smearing. 

Bon Bon, an almost neon candy coral,  is hardly anything special (Maybelline and Rimmel both have similar shades) but since the texture and tube of Color Drenched Bon Bon are so much nicer, there is no point for me to reach for Rimmel Peachy Beachy (reviewed a few days ago) or Maybelline Coral Crush(mine was ancient and long tossed). Oh, it's smells like baked sweets instead of Rimmel sour plum/Maybelline rancid Playdoh.

Overall: I am really happy with this but won't go back for more at 22 (shades selection isn't great anyway). 

Comments

  1. Oh that is a pretty color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it looks amazing with a summer tan!This and Lunasol stain color lips ex 01 are (really similar but in different finishes) my two favorite summer punchy pinks.

      Delete
  2. Oohh...when are you going to review Stain Color Lips EX01? Dying to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the swatch pictures and all but the semi-matte semi-opaque doesn't photograph as well as the glossy bolds. I wonder if I should wait and do the color justice...

      Delete
  3. Citrine, have you tried the Dior Addict Lipsticks before? They reformulated it last year and revamped the shades. Omg, I'm in love!!! They are so nice and comfortable to wear! They are like a super tinted lip balm. I have it in 3 shades: Purity 138, Smile 553 (which is apparently J Law's favourite shade) and Wonderful 561. No need to use a bloody lip brush, 2 swipes and I'm done. Going to get a fourth, Delight 266. They have staying power, after a couple of minutes, it sets to a slight tacky finish, kinda like MAC face and body foundation, so it feels comfortable in the lips. Damn I'm converted! These are even better than MAC lipsticks! And the case is magnetic! I'm on a huge Dior binge at the moment, I'm currently using Dior Forever Perfect Everlasting Wear foundation because I need a long wear but matte finish foundation. I told you about the Shiseido foundation, well that was another failed marriage, it's too thin and runny and couldn't last a full day at work. It's really embarrassing to have half of my foundation faded on my face at the end of a shift. The Dior one is thicker so it will stick on my face for longer. I really hate having bad skin as I need to wear foundation everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I bought four dior lippies, the lilac tinted balm (still haven't touched), rouge balm in lili (gave it to mom) and two of the milky tints from the summer. For some reasons I just don't reach for them...But I will give these shades a swatch when I am at Sephora. I now I am kind of interested in the foundation as well...My skin was reasonably well-behaved for a few weeks and I wanted to fade the old marks so I tried shark sauce...(Now I am back to square one again and had to stop using that and start looking at BB cream/foundation).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.