Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in 20 Retro Coral

While the heat dome is still hovering around (I don't want to think about the electric bill next month), let's all cool down with with some ancient pictures, taken after the only snow storm we got last winter/this year.
Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color is a fairly new addition to the brand (debuting fall 2015). I like the few Bobbi Brown items I had but the brand doesn't strike me something eye-grabbing (for that I need some Japanese princessy overkill).

 Anyway, I think I was stranded by the first snow of the year (same day Cleveland Orchestra was performing in New York. The orchestra was great but the concert was ok) so I ended up killing time inside Macy's again...
The packaging for the Bobbi Brown Luxe lipstick is simple and rather substaintial (it's a really nice one that's not my taste). The tube is of metal and no parts gets too friendly with fingerprints. Click is crisp and secure. I wasn't expecting less given it's as expensive as high end brands like Dior and Chanel. 
I am boring so I went home with another coral (the dark dots are dust on camera sensor I don't know how to clean off). I am bad at describing scent but the lipstick actually smells like water lilies (the one with medium purple petals that closes up during the evening) and tastes a bit soapy when it gets in my mouth. The the stick is firm (instead of being melty or squishy) but has no problem depositing a thin and even layer of color with an easy application.

No.20 Retro Coral is a neutral (I don't find it leaning orange or pink) coral with an white base color. Pigmentation and wear are outstanding and the color isn't difficult to pull off despite being lighter than my natural lip color. The amount of pigment and smooth finish makes it feels like a creamy product but it's really lightweight yet moisturizing. On colder days it gives a gentle dose of color and with a tan, it looks more retro with the white base.

Overall. I do enjoy the Luxe Lip Color formula but I don't usually reach for this kind of lippie as often (I guess no point to repurchase. Unless there is some really special limited color coming out). 

Comments

  1. I seriously LOVE the Luxe formula. I have 3 but I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw there are some limited edition coral (it was in biteki so maybe not limited in US)that I might want to pick up for fall. But maybe I will save the pennies for coffret d'or instead.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a really cute pinky coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait it looks pinky? I thought it's kind of warm on the tube and neutral on my mouth...Anyway, the color is pretty even though it's not the juicy sheer I usually wear).

      Delete
    2. Yeah I would definitely wear this color a lot, need to look into it :D

      Delete
  3. Pretty color! Not sure about the milkiness though. I need a perfect-lips day to wear anything white-base, which means never... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is really good for a white based one. I wore it during winter with no problem while suqqu creamy glow sank im every crack on my lips.

      Delete
  4. Pretty! I've heard good things about these lippies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really popular on weibo (and some korean bloggers too) that's why I was interested. Now I want a deeper coral for fall and winter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.