Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee - Poppy Paradise and Pink Escape

Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee (this sounds delicious) has been around for a while already, I didn't have much interest for it since the blushes all appear to be too sheer and the glass jar (albeit very cute) seems a little heavy. Back in spring, I spotted the two travel size at Sephora's check out aisle (of temptation) and I thought it was a decent price for some cute toys and variety.

The tiny little jar cost 13 bucks, each contains 0.095 ounces/2.6 of product, which is a little more than the 1/2 of full sized (0.18oz) and priced reasonably (13 for small and 22 for full sized). Even though it's smaller in size, I don't find them any more portable than the plastic Canmake compact since each jar is thicker and somewhat heavy.
Poppy Paradise looks like a warm orange-red from the pot but upon close examination, I can see a bit of blue-red base (look around the edges where the jelly gets thinner).
 Pink Escape is homogenous (in color) raspberry pink that also looks more opaque. These two blushes both have that light-watery feel and a non-sticky and squishy surface that "boing-back".  As expected for the high coconut water content, this feels rather hydrating and comfortable on the skin.
Pink Escape, Poppy Paradise and Canmake Cream Cheek Clear in CL01. Those are 1, 2 swipe swatches (I redipped only for the Josie Maran, Canmake is pretty pigmented). I found that once blended, the two Josie Maran duo pretty much looks identical (as a fresh flush), with Pink Paradise being a tad more pigmented.

With a light swipe with finger (or dip, since the opening is too small for swiping). I was only able to get a small stain (right on my finger) that is either too small for cheeks or dries right away (leaving me no time to blend). To me, the best way to work these is using a metal spatula/tip of finger nail to scrape of a small glob then it becomes much more blendable. These are extremely natural/sheer so it's impossible to overdo.
Pot shot with pink bokeh (just because)
Swatches of other Josie Maran Cheek Gelee (Pink Paradise ran out). Overall, these are long-lasting, comfortable/hydrating yet weightless stain that looks incredibly natural. I found them work best on bare skin as a maybe-she-is-born-with-it kind of. natural flush-glow (perfect for beach time). I just don't think you need more than one (unless you want them to stare at the squishy surface, which is a totally legitimate excuse)as they all kind of look the same once sheered out.)

Comments

  1. Oh they look so squishy and juicy!
    I wish the pot was wider and shallow, though. I see some of them inevitably end up under my nails (that are not too long, but still). You see I'm trying to resist these so hard? ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full sized one are definitely wide enough, but I wanted some variety so I went for the minis...I think these are pretty nice as novelty product, I would probably really like them if I don't wear sunscreen (the oil would either dissolve and dilute the blush).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.