Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek in Cherry Macaron RD 414

Majolica Majorca is one of the many daughter brands of Shiseido, the whimsical (the name is supposed to sound like a spell being whispered, or I am just making things up?) known for their dolly packaging, dreamy ad visual and ... all of their mascaras. I have longed for the brand for quite some while before finally caving in (well, for a "drugstore" brand, it's was only a few bucks cheaper than Paul & Joe, an equally cute brand that's easier to get) and bought one of the newer (it was fresh out when I bought it...back in summer of 2012) Puff de Cheek blush-in-a-tin.
Each chubby tin has a matching puff (which I don't use since I imagine it will get nasty with a few uses. It's still quite soft though). Inside the puff, there is a plastic sheet that separate the blush and puff (which prevent sebum from messing with the product, if you do chose to use the puff).
 Cherry Macaron is a medium coral-red-pink with tiny golden flecks (barely shows up anyway so this is essentially matte). The blush itself is very firmly pressed and dry (no fly out even if you dig it with brushes that are not smooth) that you hardly need to worry about overdoing the color. On the face, it gives an obvious dose of reddish-pink, in a foggy finish. Instead of looking flush-from within, this looks rather superficial (on surface, not saying it looks fake). It's just like having two pink cloud floating on the very top.
 
Even though I personally am not used to this kind of foggy red blush (I am more into really pigmented ones that are/or apply like cheek stain). I ended up reaching this shade quite often, mainly because it's hard to over do the color (so I don't even need to pick a brush just for it and be ultra careful) and the blurry finish is more forgiving.

It's a no-brainer when I want some extra colors on my face, but get too lazy to put on concealer. Anyway, I think I would really enjoy the texture/finish if it's a softer warm pink or peach so I guess I am plotting repurchase (I already did, but it's a limited edition one from their Fall 2014 collection)?
Revlon Charmed Cream Blush (tossed because too sheer), Majolica Majorca Cherry Macaron, Mac A Bite of the Apple and Essence Renesmee Red (both give the just-pinched kind of flush)

Comments

  1. Hmm, it sounds a bit similar to The Face Shop Pastel Cushion blush I have... but that packaging, adorbs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, but I much prefer the tin than a paper compact though...the faceshop is overpriced in US(urban outfitters ahem)so I might as well pay a dollar more for the pretty tin.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.