Milani Baked Blush in Bella Rosa

The matte version of the famed/hyped Milani Baked Blush (Milani's site is running a 30% off sale til the 5th,with code CYBERWEEK) was released spring of this year. After having looked at several overwhelmingly positive reviews, I decided to get one...Actually, it was always on my list since it came out (I was just waiting for a sale).

If you remember my previous Milani Baked Blush review, while I love the refined texture and lasting power. The two shades I picked just aren't all that flattering on my skin tone(I have heard so many people called Luminoso universally-flattering and it looks like luminous mud on me, guess I am out of this universe). 
For the matte formula, it's seems quite powdery on the brush with a lot of fall out. Given that there is the strong pigmentation and vibrant color, a fluffy duo-fiber and/or delicate touch is a needed. Unless you like clown cheeks.

  Once on the face (hyper pigmentation concealed and lightly dusted), it blends so well, into a texture-less stain like finish (it does stain after I swatch it on my arm). The lasting power is good that the windblown flush is still apparently/maybe even fresh after 5 hours. The cool pink-red is so fitting for winter-time, that I wasn't sure was it the color staying fresh or it was my actual winter flush. The polar front did hit Texas after all.
 Bella Rosa, Mai-Tai, Revlon Charmed Cream Blush (too sheer for my liking and the color is somewhat dull on me), Majolica Majorca Cherry Macaron (which applies very lightly itself, I love using it just because of that)
Here is a pictures of some roses to make up for lack of face swatch (this color would probably show up very well in picture).

Comments

  1. bella rosa is pretty, but my heart got stolen by maitai once I scrolled down to your swatch picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always get the jordana pressed powder blush (a lot of Milani and Jordana have the same color/formula)...I don't think the company will just kill off a great range altogether.

      Delete
    2. oh yes speaking of Jordana blushes they have some pretty awesome ones! I love alot of their pinks. But i have to seriously control my blush stash - i feel guilt looking at it.

      Delete
    3. Don't feel bad...Right now my stash is sizable but I am still eying on several limited Majolica and that by Terry (forgot the name) Sexy Pink (70 bucks..so I guess I will buy it in my dream).

      Delete
    4. i have never paid 70 for a blush! please get it and do a review:)

      Delete
    5. Haha, maybe...Because I have a tendency to have to buy something I love-at-first-sight (clothing items/patterns most of the time, doesn't happen too much with cosmetics but when it does, it's hard to kick away the urge).

      Delete
  2. pretty color! It's not as pink as I would have expected. But too pigmented for me; I need to use up my blushes as it is, so lighter blushes are better haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reasons I always prefer vibrant and pigmented blushes but the ones I use all the time (Benefit Dandelion, Canmake cheek & cheek then the majolica)are all either sheer or light...Lol.

      Delete
    2. Same here! Pigmented blushes seem cooler, but are harder for me to use (I'm bad at blending)

      Delete
  3. Such a STUNNING rose pink! I freaking love pink blushes and this one is seriously gorgeous! Love milani's formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even though I hated the other two shades, I have nothing against the formula. For a chronic face rubber, those wear like stain!

      Delete
  4. Bella Rosa looks like a great winter blush!
    I also think the baked version of Luminoso is not all that compared to the old one I had. They are actually two very different colors.
    I have Coralina and Dolce Pink. Lovely colors, but I do wish they lasted longer and true on my cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luminoso totally looks like mud on me, I like how Luminous is much pinker and peachier. I think deeper ones (especially ones with red undertone) from that range stains the skin little and really last for long time. Not sure about the glowy shades because mud...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.