elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer

At a dollar a piece (for 5ml) elf eyelid primer is the most affordable eyeshadow base out there and I am surprised that it actually works really well. There are four shades shades available (sheer, champagne, golden and pearl) but I only see sheer (flesh tone nude) at Target. The elf primer has a gel-like texture that's also creamy and blendable, not unlike the famous Too Faced shadow insurance. While it does enhance the vibrancy and wear of eyeshadow, I just like to use it to even out the color of my eyelids (which can look a little purple and tired at times).

Shadow Primer side by side: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, elf eyelid primer (just a smidgen more yellow and creamier) and Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Primer (this just rubs off right away). Both Too Faced and elf managed to make my arm patch of shadow stay (and remain vibrant) for four hours (then I just wiped it off).  Overall: Great for vacation (so you won't cry over a lost makeup bag content) and I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Comments