Thursday, July 12, 2012

NYC City Proof Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush

NYC City Proof Long Lasting Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush, limited edition release from the spring City Sweets collection,  is a creamy reddish orange coral without any shimmer (unlike the Cityproof glosses in their permanent range). The gloss is scented like orange Starburst and has a solid (not thick or sticky)cream gel texture that's like a thick pudding.
The applicator is medium sized (smaller than I would like), quite stiff (but not pokey), slanted and comes with reasonable amount of fur, that's not too absorbent. Due to the thick gel-cream texture and smaller wand size, it takes a few re-dips to get enough product to cover my lips (That's why initially I thought the product is way too sheer).
Revlon Continuous Coral, Coral Reef, Cover Girl Coral Shimmer and Tangerine Crush - It's a little less pigmented (or maybe it's just that the redder coral is closer to my lip color so I don't notice the color) compared to Revlon Coral Reef but the tint is still bold and summer-tan friendly.
NYC Cityproof Lip Gloss in Tangerine Crush (Sorry for the mustache, all my facial wax fund were blown on lip glosses...) on the lips - Once I load up enough of it, I get a glossy, jelly finish that's quite long-lasting. I can't test the up to 8hr claim (Is it even a claim? It just sets a maximum, not minimum.) but when I wiped it off, before eating,  after 3-4 hours of wear, most of the glosses were still there.

Overall: Love (I wonder if there is a coral gloss/lip color that I hate). Now NYC need to put more shimmer-free glosses in their permanent range (hot pink and cherry red with silver glitter? No, thank you.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! I need to look into this <3 Thanks for sharing! A lipgloss that smells like starburst is a plus for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...