Yuja Wang for Proud Magazine

I rarely talk about classical music or fashion here but I can't help it when I saw this terrific/terrifying glamor shot of Chinese classical pianist Yuja Wang...
Just exactly WTF is this? Auntie perms, gaudy earrings, blue eyeshadow, deep pink cheeks, magenta lipstick, foundation that's a shade lighter than her arms and neck, big fur...This whole ensemble might look good on a skinny European model but on a Chinese girl with small frame? I really don't get what they are going for.(I actually get it...Chinese night clubs hostess/aka prostitute back in late 80s/early 90s, right?)
Just so you know, Yuja Wang actually looks pretty decent (not girl-crush worthy though)...I first saw this picture from the Verbier festival website, not sure where it belongs to.

P.S.The first two pictures are borrowed Proud Magazine, click here for more disturbance, and there is also a horror in action Youtube video for the shoot.I posted a comment earlier joking (Nah, I was serious) how I wanted to "Shoot the stylist". Now comment section is closed. Just sayin...

P.P.S.Photography by Bert Spangemacher, the name of the stylist is being withheld to protect the accused (Although you can find it easily in the video clip).

Comments