Since most (if not all) of the time I only like one shade from the Nars eyeshadow duo anyway, I decided to just head for a single this time. Anyway, this eyeshadow single is called Fuji (looks nothing like the Fuji apple I loved as a kid, nor that Fujiyama volcano in Japan).
1. It contains quite a bit of products (2x that of a MAC eyeshadow)
2. Nars single eyeshadow are as big as Stila but the texture is much more pigmented and smooth
3. Stila eyeshadow single requires a pan you buy separately, which cost 2.5 dollars.
4. There is no fall out with Nars (all of the Nars shadow I have tried, single or duo) or dustiness like Stila shadow what so ever
5. It has a perfectly sized mirror that you can see your entire eye area even from a close distance.
6. Urban Decay deluxe eyeshadow also has a mirror and pretty packaging, but the texture is not fine enough to be used dry as tight-eyeliner.
It seems quite worth it after the comparison.
Nars Fuji eyeshadow is an army green with beautiful multidimensional shimmer. It reminds me of Stila jade eyeshadow/smudge pot (which is one of my favorite Stila shadow of all time), except the color looks more natural yet the finish is more delicate. It looks more natural in a sense that the color has a tad bit more brown/golden olive tinge and appear less "bright" like Stila Jade so it's very wearable both as shadow and liner as long as you don't go too smokey with it. You can certainly go for a smokey look with the shadow as the texture is very firmly pressed (not dusty like Stila) and easy to spread at the same time, I don't think I would attempt the look any time soon though. (The last time I did a moss green smokey eyes, my friend went what-the-hell-is-going-on with me.)
Fuji is a more interesting shade compared to Stila Jade because of the subtle shimmer it has. While Stila jade has a velvet finish with the golden shimmer you can many more colors in Fuji (orange, green, yellow,purple...) peaking through the shadow as if they come from different depth.
Overall, I think this is a great buy from Nars, especially for those of you who love the color green (I mean, I love the Habanera duo that I got for free yet I didn't call it a great buy as it has that plum which would be useless unless I am heading for that domestic violence route) as you can use it as an eyeliner or shadow, you can play up or tone down the color...I can't think of more praise but I really love this shadow!