Friday, April 24, 2009

L'Oreal Colour Juice Melon Punch

People always say that L'Oreal is a nice dupe-brand for Lancome, as a huge fan of Juicy Tubes, I never bothered to try out some the cheaper alternative L'Oreal Color juice lip gloss, simply because L'Oreal just have a unappealing brand image to me...I mean, they do have the Gorgeaus model Scarlett Johansson (Who looks so much better promoting Dolce & Gabanna) but I know that Scarlett looks nice because she looks nice, not because she is "worth it".

Anyway, one little sale and a few extra dollars in my pocket is what I need...I went home with a summery orange gloss that looks like a gloss, nothing Juicy Tube though.
 L'Oreal Color Juice Lip Gloss in Melon Punch. Looks like an shimmery thick orange gloss with ugly sticker packaging. You wonder why I never bother to spend the money to get this eyesore in my stash?

The older color juice (I had one from H.I.P sub-branch which has a ball shaped applicator) has a lanted applictor that looks like a cross section of a sphere , it's flatter than the Juicy Tube on the right, and it doesn't make application any easier.

The gloss is relatively pigmented on my hand, the smell is kind of sweet and a tad bit sickening but notthing unbearable. I don't like how sticky it is and it's so shimmery.


On the lips, it doesn't look that bad but I really don't like the fact that the orange color takes many layers to show...and the color goes on quite unevenly, even after I waited for it to settle down. (It's so thick that it doesn't settle.)

And although it's thick, it's gets everywhere and is a bit gunky...

I still have the L'Oreal HIP one left, this is called Pixie, a beige one. It smells like vanilla over kill and the color is way way way too sheer that it just gives a sticky sheen and amplifies the red in my lips in an ugly way.

See the gunk stuck between the lips?

Never again, because you are not worth it...

2 comments:

  1. the swatch colors look fab!!! I love the shimmery glosses because of the nice reflection it gives, but oh no..really? There's a gunk between? I was looking closely and can't seem to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki:

    look closely and you will see how it stick my lips together...the color is Ok (so-so) but the texture of this gloss is disgusting...like it never really settle down, just like a glob of slimy glue...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...