Excel Select Cover Concealer

As someone with lots of spots (from sun, age, acne and stress picking), I always prefer cocealer over cover it all foundation. Not only there is less caking involved, I also prefer less layers, especially my face is being steamed by my own breath under mask everyday. While I have more or less found my grail (IPSA creative concealer), I am also seeking other alternatives as backup. 
when I first saw this Excel concealer, it reminds me of Ipsa right away. I had good experience with their eyeshadow (that are pretty much high-end texture for drugstore price) I knew it wouldn't be half shabby.

The trio features three pans, the deepest one (for spots and acne scars) 
, middle salmon shade for neutralizing dark circles and lightest pan for brightening tear ducts (back in the days I loved calling them tear ducks on this blog lol ). The plastic compact is rather sturdy and there is a double sided applicator that's great for targeted application (flabby one for zits or long stripe and pointed one for tiny sunspots).
excel on top Ipsa Creative Concealer at the bottom. texture wise they don't look too different (Ipsa might go on thicker simply because I had it for a few years already). I have alternate these two for a few days, on the face they don't feel that different. Excel also offers a light weight finish, decent coverage that lasts all day long on top of sunscreen. The only small difference is that Excel is generally more warm, brightening kinda peachy while Ipsa is more muted and works better for my zits. Ipsa is also slightly smoother and more airy on the skin, giving more of a sweet nothing look.
Same swatch with different lighting, under the shade. I enjoy using excel but it doesn't replace Ipsa ( which comes with spf and a mirrored compact which is better for travelling or touch up, not that I need to). Anyway, Excel Select Cover is only 1600 yens while Ipsa costs 3500 yens (since it lasted years on me, price per use isn't really an issue). When in doubt, get the more expensive one that's also within your budget.



Comments

  1. I am still learning about concealers. I don't get "highlighting concealers". LOL. (I do have a few). I had something like this from Canmake but the coverage wasn't very good so I switched to Laura Mercier Camouflage. It will take forever for me to finish it but I want to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are moisturizing creamy ones for nasallabio fold and Indian line around cheeks...I like the concept but I leave that to highlighter instead. I main need concealers for zits anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasolabial fold *giggles*
    Anyways thank you for yet another very helpful concealer review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, I am still using my Maybelline Fit Me concealer. Cream seems too dry for me but I did also get the Cle de Peau one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try cle de peau eventually. But maybe when I have major dent on Ipsa, Excel and Lunasol first.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.