Whomee by Igari Multi Glow Stick in Mabu

While I don't care for any of the latest trend  on Tiktok (had the app on my phone for a literal minute) or western side of Instagram, I am very much into random Japanese website and magazine rankings. 

When I got to see Whomee in person, I remember seeing this Whomee blush stick winning some magazine award (beating my beloved Canmake cream cheek). It didn't take much convincing as I was already a fan of the brand. I mean, the artist has a whole blush trend named after her (Igari makeup) when she pioneered the hungover look!
There were several shades available (some wacky purple, brown or highlight of the sort), I went for the sheer tomato red called Mabu (it was the award winning shade)as I am never not into that flush from within.
The stick blush reminds me of Anna Sui Face Color Stick in 400 but it has a improved texture. It's a clear and just a little dewy, it's very easy to spread and blend but it doesn't spread into a large pool of red tint on the tint either.
While Mabu is shimmer free and matte, there is a bit of softly glowing matte feel that gives a very healthy feel to skin (that's why they call it Glow Stick). I prefer a natural flushed look so I swipe it on the back of hand, then lightly dot it on my cheek bones for a sunkissed look. I didn't put it right under eyes (for signature Igari makeup, since it's not trendy now) but the texture allows a targeted application.
so far, I have only used it on top of sunscreen and the lasting power seems fare, not as tenacious as Chicca probably as good as Canmake. After a few hours I still notice the healthy flush. I suppose a light dusting of clear powder might help setting it but it will also get rid of that glow. Overall, I really enjoy using this shade, and might consider repurchase if international air travel becomes possible again. 

Comments

  1. Ooohhh very tempted... but will probably abstain ^.^"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted by their highlighter stick, the look is so demurely japanese....

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.